Join for free
Page 11 of 13 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 >
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 02:43 PM

Re: Me, me, me.

Originally Posted by Rhian ->

Why don't I just pull her up about it I don't know. Is it her vulnerability? Would she even play the mental health card now if I did? It's a treacherous path we tread, avoiding hurting others
And a delicate path, Rhian. You are stuck with each other if you have to work together. With neighbours you can avoid them. If you just grit your teeth and put up with her, your work environment is not going to be a great place to be. But if you offend her by saying something and it causes an atmosphere, it still won't be a great place to be. A bit of a dilemma, I would say.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
You haven't met the neighbour who lived in the flat downstairs when I moved here in 2004. I saw he looked a bit distressed one day and, naive as I was in those days, I asked if he was ok. I was treated to a tearful conversation about the horrible aliens who had stolen his garden - not that either of us had one because we lived in terraced flats. Alarm bells clanged, and I left him to it... He was a schizophrenic who very often stopped taking his meds, loved taking drugs and who was also an alcoholic. Trust me when I say there's NOTHING you want to learn from someone like that.
My neighbour smokes something you can't get in the shops, and the quantity of bottles he puts in his bin is astounding; he's never mentioned aliens though.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
And a delicate path, Rhian. You are stuck with each other if you have to work together. With neighbours you can avoid them. If you just grit your teeth and put up with her, your work environment is not going to be a great place to be. But if you offend her by saying something and it causes an atmosphere, it still won't be a great place to be. A bit of a dilemma, I would say.
It absolutely is Harbal
I'm hoping a new timetable and fresh start in September will be an opportunity for all 3 departments to take on equal responsibility for her working role.
Structure may motivate her to do more and talk less
Harbal
South Yorkshire

26-07-2021, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Anyway, like I said, I am not going to get into an argument with anybody so I will just leave the thread!
If only everyone was as easy to get rid of, Twinkle.

I don't want to argue with you, please don't leave with any ill feeling. In fact, please don't leave at all.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I know exactly what you are talking about Art & if it was getting too much you needed to find a way to stop it.
I am also polite but,if somebody was chatting to me constantly I would have no problem saying " Sorry I will have to end our chat because I need to finish this book that I am returning to a friend today. I just haven't had enough time to get the the end!"! If you are sitting next to a person who wont stop talking for an hour you have to find a way of stopping it and I would rather tell a fib than put up with it & then tell people what a nuisance she had been.
I wasn't criticizing you, I was merely offering a suggestion of how you could stop the chat without causing offence!
Twink, Of course, you were only trying to help and advise me.... but this particular woman decided to get on the bus with me to finish her conversation with me. She was only passing me in the street of the town she lived in, not waiting for the bus!
The town in question was about 15 miles away from where l live! The bus goes on the scenic route, so it was a long, almost one hour journey

It was her deliberate act to follow me onto the bus and make sure l heard about every minute of her life spent with her ex husband and then about her wayward son!

Honestly, l was a mute at the bus stop with her and for the whole long bus journey. She wouldn’t let me speak, if l attempted to, she didn’t listen! She just carried on talking!

Then l was dismissed as l was getting off the bus at my destination, so that she could cross the road to get on a bus back to her town!!

I think on this occasion, l am the one that needs the sympathy and compassion...
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Twink, Of course, you were only trying to help and advise me.... but this particular woman decided to get on the bus with me to finish her conversation with me. She was only passing me in the street of the town she lived in, not waiting for the bus!
The town in question was about 15 miles away from where l live! The bus goes on the scenic route, so it was a long, almost one hour journey

It was her deliberate act to follow me onto the bus and make sure l heard about every minute of her life spent with her ex husband and then about her wayward son!

Honestly, l was a mute at the bus stop with her and for the whole long bus journey. She wouldn’t let me speak, if l attempted to, she didn’t listen! She just carried on talking!

Then l was dismissed as l was getting off the bus at my destination, so that she could cross the road to get on a bus back to her town!!

I think on this occasion, l am the one that needs the sympathy and compassion...
I would imagine you have a very sympathetic and understanding face Arty....
Did I tell you about the time I almost jumped off of a bridge....
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I would imagine you have a very sympathetic and understanding face Arty....
Did I tell you about the time I almost jumped off of a bridge....

Come here you poor, troubled soul and lay your head on my sympathetic shoulder whilst l pat your troubled head!

With an axe!
UkGameCoder
UK
UkGameCoder is male 

26-07-2021, 03:43 PM

Patience is a virtue, Arty.

And I think you have a lot more of it than you realise!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Come here you poor, troubled soul and lay your head on my sympathetic shoulder whilst l pat your troubled head!

With an axe!
Now I can't run anymore you would be doing me a favour Arty.....
UkGameCoder
UK
UkGameCoder is male 

26-07-2021, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Now I can't run anymore you would be doing me a favour Arty.....
Passions are fully transferable, mate!

There's plenty more you can do, and need to do.

Page 11 of 13 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top