Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2013, 05:08 AM

Apple Mac

Got so fed up with the Laptop, my wife has bought me an Apple Mac, another learning curve, but much easier than the Windows 8.
I can have a free workshop every Thursday at Curry's, so shall make the best of that offer.
jaywalker
Hobart, Tasmania
jaywalker is female  jaywalker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2013, 08:10 AM

Re: Apple Mac

I am an Apple Mac nut and love my Mac desktop and ipad and iphone. I'm sure you'll learn to love yours too! If I can be of any assistance let me know as we have had Macs for some years now.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2013, 09:20 AM

Oooo, Wrinkly, I'm learning Apple too! Let me know any tips!
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2013, 11:07 AM

Jean is the one for the tips, but of course if I can I will help.
I am not used to a wireless mouse, and can't get my hand off it, consequently my screen is all over the place, but I now no the cause.I just love the wireless keyboard, I am actually sitting about 12 feet from my PC with the keyboard on my lap,
and have just come back to my PC to check what I had written.
What a tool, and just love the photographs, you should see Alan's squirrel on my screen, truly amazing.
fitou143
Essex
fitou143 is male  fitou143 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2013, 11:32 AM

Congratulations on converting to the mac club, I have never looked back since I changed over to mac it take just a little while to get used to the differences but you will soon pick it up. The only programme I purchased to keep the mac running ok was "clean my mac" just run it now and agin and it cleans up all the rubbish and junk that gets on there think it's about £20. Perhaps we should have a mac section on the forum.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.

26-05-2013, 11:50 AM

Good idea Rob, let us see how many come on, and if we have enough, we can ask Azz for a sticky.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.

26-05-2013, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by fitou143 ->
Congratulations on converting to the mac club, I have never looked back since I changed over to mac it take just a little while to get used to the differences but you will soon pick it up. The only programme I purchased to keep the mac running ok was "clean my mac" just run it now and agin and it cleans up all the rubbish and junk that gets on there think it's about £20. Perhaps we should have a mac section on the forum.
Clean my Mac latest version is now a free download.
Thanks for the tip!
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.

27-05-2013, 07:54 PM

A few snags to sort, but I am getting there, by trial and error.
Disappointed in the fact that it has no CD /DVD player on it, you need a separate piece of kit, but never mind not too expensive.
But for such great technology, you would think you would get one in it, when you pay a £1000 for it.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2013, 11:22 PM

Well done Arthur, once you get the hang of it there'll be no going back, expensive but worth it in the long run. Apple are very stingy with cables and adapters too, you just get the bare minimum I noticed.

Now you have to get a tee-shirt like mine.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2013, 04:01 AM

Ah! Apple...

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top