Join for free
Dalmagirl
Longford, Ireland
Dalmagirl is female  Dalmagirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2010, 04:15 PM

Outlook Says I no Longer Exist!!!

For some reason, yesterday whenever my Outlook went to retrieve my emails (default is gmail) I kept getting a "network login" popup with my details filled in.... cancelled it and no further problems... but today it's happening again and whether I accept, cancel or hit the red X on the popup it shoots over Googlemail on to the next mailbox pickup and I get an error message - my login is invalid or not recognised.
I have gone into tools and looked at it, re-entered the password as well but it's still not working. I know I can go into Googlemal direct but I am being intimidated by someone at the moment and I would rather see the sender details without any of the content which is likely to be upsetting. In outlook, the preview pane is almost completely hidden then I can delete or move any offending emails.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2010, 10:32 PM

Re: Outlook Says I no Longer Exist!!!

EEEk! I have no idea how to fix that. Does Googlemail have a Help section?
buzzie
USA
buzzie is female  buzzie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2010, 12:21 AM

If the emails are coming from someone here, you should tell Azz about it.
Dalmagirl
Longford, Ireland
Dalmagirl is female  Dalmagirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2010, 03:01 AM

No, no problems with this site I am sure... anyway, I have finally fixed it! I needed to go into Google itself where it told me there had been some "dodgy" activity so I needed to re-set the password in there before I changed it in Outlook as Outlook checks it against Google. It's now fixed.
I have no idea what happened there but at least it's fixed now, and I have 28 emails to deal with before I go to bed
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2010, 03:08 AM

Glad to hear you got it sorted finally!
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2010, 03:30 AM

Glad you got it fixed
Dalmagirl
Longford, Ireland

19-01-2010, 01:39 PM

Thanks. I am "Admin" on a dog website and sometimes, if I get a persistent spammer, I report them to their ISP. I have only recently discovered that this is traceable back to my email address, not the website as such so I suspect that one of them retaliated...
sully
uk
sully is female  sully has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2010, 10:21 PM

I havent been able to use my outlook express email account either my mail goes to yahoo account first so i go there, but OE doesnt recognise my password etc?

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top