Join for free
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2010, 11:17 PM

Photobucket and privacy

In the daily thread there was some discussion about this. If, beside the list of your albums there is the lock symbol, does that mean they're only accessible to people to whom you've given the visitor password? Sorry if this is a dumb question.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2010, 08:12 AM

Re: Photobucket and privacy

I haven't noticed a lock symbol anywhere yet. When you see it, are you still able to look through the album? I don't think the symbol would be anything to do with Photobucket and passwords. Maybe it's there because the member's album is full (50 pictures allowed) and it is locked so that more cannot be uploaded? I'm only 8 images away from being full. I could upload to the limit and find out if the symbol appears I suppose.

Images in the albums are uploaded from our computers to the Over 50s Forum server, or perhaps an image hosting service that the server links to. I'm not sure about that though. Perhaps Azz could say. In any event, the photos aren't being displayed from our personal Photobucket accounts, so the lock symbol couldn't really be to do with that.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2010, 12:01 PM

The padlock icon next to any folder is a symbol that that folder is private, yes, you may wish to give your password to another user, when posting you photos onto any forum the public only see that particular image, . . they cannot go rummaging about in your folders, . . . . . I think.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2010, 12:42 PM

I got the wrong end of the stick. I thought it was the albums here that were being talked about because there had been discussion about them.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2010, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
I got the wrong end of the stick. I thought it was the albums here that were being talked about because there had been discussion about them.
Oh mart, . . . . . you have just had a senior moment mate, . . . . not to worry, I get em all the time.
romfty
spain
romfty is male 

27-01-2010, 12:46 PM

Senior moments..tell me about it!

Yep, make sure you lock your albums on photobucket, otherwise folk will be rummaging around.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England

27-01-2010, 12:53 PM

Yes, my albums are locked on Photobucket. I know this because they have a padlock symbol next to them
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2010, 05:56 PM

Thanks, all. I thought that was the case in PB, but it's nice to be assured.
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2010, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
In the daily thread there was some discussion about this. If, beside the list of your albums there is the lock symbol, does that mean they're only accessible to people to whom you've given the visitor password? Sorry if this is a dumb question.
If you make your photobucket settings set to private no one will be able to view beyond the one photo they are looking at and snoop through your account
mart
Chatterbox
South of England

27-01-2010, 09:48 PM

There are a couple of options not set by default on Photobucket that might be useful ...and perhaps not realised.

1. It's possible to put a small image (thumbnail) in a post and when clicked on, it leads to the full-sized image, like this;

(click for larger image)

Handy for forums that don't like large images in posts.

2. The use a of a theme can make photos or albums a little more pleasant to view. It sets photos against a better background. The one I'm using is called 'Antique Wedding'

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top