Join for free
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2010, 09:42 PM

Radio watches

Have you seen them ? . . I got one 3 months ago and they're great, . .. they're dead-balls accurate because they receive the Greenwich time signal broadcasted from radio transmitters 4 times a day.

I got mine from Lidl's, . . there are all sorts of styles from round or square dials and steel or leather bracelets, . . you get a 3 year warranty too, . . not bad for £20.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2010, 08:36 PM

Re: Radio watches

Not a watch, though I'll probably get one when the battery in my current one dies. I do have a small atomic clock which operates the same way ... gets the signal from Oklahoma and dead accurate. Both my current watch and the clock in my computer tend to gain so I have to reset them fairly often.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2010, 06:18 PM

Re: Radio watches

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Not a watch, though I'll probably get one when the battery in my current one dies. I do have a small atomic clock which operates the same way ... gets the signal from Oklahoma and dead accurate. Both my current watch and the clock in my computer tend to gain so I have to reset them fairly often.
All watches either gain or loose time DM, . .whilst wearing one the movement your arm makes can do this, . . I also have an expensive chronograph which is solar powered, it's powered by light received through the dial, . . it's the most accurate watch I've had in my life, it only gains around 2 seconds a month. . . they're called ECO watches because you don't need to change the batteries.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top