Join for free
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2010, 05:42 PM

Have hard discs - will travel

This adapter's great, . . it takes both IDE and a Sata drives and it's portable, . . you can buy external HD's which look prettier but these are two spare discs I had in the cupboard.

The discs are 500gb and 200gb so I've now got .7 of a tetrabyte more storage for my pics etc.

The adapter is powered separately by a small power pack like your mobile phone charger, . . the bracket the discs are mounted in is from the inside of an old scrap tower, . . . yes I know I'm a tight git but I can't help it, . . I'm Scottish.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2010, 03:13 PM

Re: Have hard discs - will travel

I shoot my photos in RAW format with a 12.1 GB Nikon. The resulting files are large yet when traveling I find multiple 16GB flash drives the best way to travel. I could buy bigger flash drives at a higher cost but can't risk a faulty drive and a massive loss of important work. I store my finished work on SmugMug online but the RAW files are like my negatives.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top