Join for free
Page 4 of 24 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2015, 12:41 PM

Re: Sunday Morning Music.

Originally Posted by solo ->
Thanks Nom. They sound like Lemon Jelly

To be honest i thought they were them as they turned up after Lemon Jelly disappeared.

I saw Lemon Jelly a few years back they were brilliant live.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2015, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
To be honest i thought they were them as they turned up after Lemon Jelly disappeared.

I saw Lemon Jelly a few years back they were brilliant live.
From an interview with PSB

I’ve heard Lemonjelly bandied about when people are trying to reference your sound a bit, and even though you’re different, you can understand the reference to samples. Were there any samplers when you were growing up that inspired you to explore it?

Erm, yeah there definitely were; I’d say Lemonjelly, they did definitely have an ear for melody that I think we hopefully do too, use strong melodies in our stuff, but I do find they’re a bit ‘four bars of this’ and ‘four bars of that’ – you kind of know where they’re going before they get there, if you know what I mean, which is something I’m always keen to avoid, even if it’s kind of chopping out a bar of the chorus, or something. - See more at: http://www.outlineonline.co.uk/music....EZJSiL4h.dpuf
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2015, 02:41 PM

Thanks for the link Solo, ive been a big fan of found sounds and Musique Concrete since the 60`s. So i love those musicians that use them to enhance their sounds.

Roger Waters and Ron Geeson did it in Music from the Body, and of course Floyd did it with Ummagumma, and Atom Heart mother.

I know what he is getting at with Lemon Jelly repeating stuff butone of my favourite genres systems music. Phillip Glass being a good example.

PS its nice to discuss music with someone who knows a bit about some of our more obscure bands.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2015, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Thanks for the link Solo, ive been a big fan of found sounds and Musique Concrete since the 60`s. So i love those musicians that use them to enhance their sounds.

Roger Waters and Ron Geeson did it in Music from the Body, and of course Floyd did it with Ummagumma, and Atom Heart mother.

I know what he is getting at with Lemon Jelly repeating stuff butone of my favourite genres systems music. Phillip Glass being a good example.

PS its nice to discuss music with someone who knows a bit about some of our more obscure bands.

Thank you Nom. It's always enjoyable exploring music as there are always gems waiting to be found

Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland

20-12-2015, 05:22 AM

Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland

20-12-2015, 05:26 AM

solo
UK

20-12-2015, 11:01 AM

Morning to you . My contribution .

Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland

20-12-2015, 12:29 PM

Nice visuals Solo.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland

27-12-2015, 07:47 AM

solo
UK

27-12-2015, 11:31 AM

A fifty year old song still as powerful as ever .

Page 4 of 24 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top