Join for free
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2015, 05:03 PM

The Shepherd's Life.

I don't do a lot of reading but when I do I quite enjoy autobiographies. I've just finished reading 'The Shepherd's Life' by James Rebanks who is a hill farmer in the Lake District. It's his life story starting from his rebellious childhood right up to the present day. He is an intelligent man who, from an early age, always wanted to be a sheep farmer like his ancestors. It's an easy and very pleasant read if you like that sort of thing.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2015, 05:21 PM

Re: The Shepherd's Life.

Sounds just my thing Alan, I rarely get time to read these days but will look out for it
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2015, 06:13 PM

I prefer biographies too, thanks to Kindle I've resumed reading them
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2015, 06:33 PM

Yes biographies are the best read.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2015, 06:35 PM

I have rarely read any fiction since I left school and college.

After the first Gulf War, I devoured a number of books about the SAS and read a few military biographies. Not read much since then really.

I tend to be irritated by grammar and punctuation.
When I had a bad bout of fluey cold, I tried some of OH's Harry Potter books and ? Dan Brown ? stuff ... oh yawn ...
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2015, 07:51 PM

I've tried reading fiction but if there are more than 4 characters I soon lose the plot as they say.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2015, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
I've tried reading fiction but if there are more than 4 characters I soon lose the plot as they say.
Lol Alan ... that brings to mind War and Peace !

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top