Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

22-04-2011, 03:00 PM

Re: Kindle?

Amazon have been having a fab Spring Sale of Kindle Books .
I`ve bought 12 so far , and all for next to nothing ....I`m a very happy Easter Bunny .........

Take a peek for yourselves ...................

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.h...=5336653544-21
ima poster
New Member!
Devon, UK
ima poster is male 

06-06-2011, 05:29 PM

I messed the pages for a short while, then got used to clicking. Now think it a brilliant tool. Much more readable than any LCD screen in bright sunlight and less eyestrain too.
ima poster
New Member!
Devon, UK
ima poster is male 

06-06-2011, 05:30 PM

Forgot to add. They really undersell the ability to make the print size anything from tiny to absolutely huge. Much bigger font than the big print books available.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2011, 09:45 PM

I would have gone mad in hospital with nothing to read had it not been for the Kindle.. love it!!
Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

06-06-2011, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by ima poster ->
Forgot to add. They really undersell the ability to make the print size anything from tiny to absolutely huge. Much bigger font than the big print books available.

I agree , its one of the main reasons I got mine
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2011, 10:13 PM

Is anyone else disturbed by the one bad feature (IMO): you cannot delete the Archives!!! I now have 39 books cluttering it up that I will never re-read and don't want to keep!
Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

06-06-2011, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Is anyone else disturbed by the one bad feature (IMO): you cannot delete the Archives!!! I now have 39 books cluttering it up that I will never re-read and don't want to keep!
I`m sure you can Eileen .
I think you can delete them from the Kindle itself but it will remain archived with Amazon in case you need them again , attempt to duplicate a download or want to swap with a chum ( USA only )

I have visitors at the moment but when I have time I will have a wee looksee for ya x x x
Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

07-06-2011, 02:48 PM

Ok , have had a wee fiddle and this is how you do it ....

Click on the title with the right arrow and it will ask if you want to delete . Say yes and it's done

I`ve discovered that you can delete from Amazon , but it`s a wee bity more complex .........

How to delete books permanently from your Kindle account:

Go to Amazon, click on My Account, sign in and scroll down to Manage Your Kindle. Toward the bottom of the page you will find a section called Your Orders. By default these will be listed chronologically with the latest order first. To change that to the earliest order first, click on the arrow under Order Date. Or you can sort them by title or author alphabetically with a few caveats: (1) It sorts by the author's first name (2) When sorting by title, it uses a, an, the as part of the title. Thus you will find The Blind Side with the Ts, not with the Bs. Nevertheless, you will be able to locate what you want to delete, one way or another.

Find the book you wish to delete and click on the plus sign before the title. This brings up a box with some options, one of which is Delete this Title. If you click that, it warns you that the deletion is permanent and should you want the book back, you will have to buy it again. If you still want to delete it, click OK. It takes a moment for the site to digest this and then you are back where you started with your latest purchase listed first. If you have a lot of books to delete this can become tedious, but liberating if this is something you have been wanting to do. For me it was.

While trying to delete books from their Kindle accounts, some have encountered problems which appear to be browser related. If you run into a problem, refresh your browser, or better yet, try Firefox. Many have said everything works fine for them with Firefox whereas it did not with Internet Explorer. Not a problem for me because I have a Mac.
Posted by Mary McManus at 8:18 AM

http://kindlereads.blogspot.com/2009...ete-books.html

You might want to think twice about doing it though Eileen as at some point in the future you might find a chum that you want to swap and share with x x x x
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

07-06-2011, 04:43 PM

Thanks so much! That works; a bit of a nuisance that there is no Box for Check All and another for Delete All; tedious to have to do it one by one, but I'm happily removing them... down to only 26 to remove now! What a relief! It's been bugging me ever since December when I got the Kindle that I couldn't delete when finished, and the irritation kept growing as the Archived items were approaching 40!
Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

07-06-2011, 09:07 PM

Glad I could help

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top