Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2016, 07:51 PM

Re: Dash Board Camera

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Some excellent Mobius samples here:

https://www.mobius-actioncam.com/video-gallery/
Omah ...how much are they please.?
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2016, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Which? magazine list all four of its 'best buys' as Nextbase models:

1. Nextbase iN-CAR CAM 312GW Deluxe Typical price: £100.00

2. Nextbase iN-CAR CAM 212 Lite Typical price: £70.00

3. Nextbase iN-CAR CAM 512G Ultra Typical price: £161.00

4. Nextbase iN-car Cam 402G Professional Today's best price: £119.95
Which? magazine is a totally BIASED and obviously paid for PR merchant. You'd be pretty silly imo to base your decisions on their junk.

I remember many years ago Which? doing an article on home PVRs (video recorders with hard drives). They of course put the Sky Plus box top of their list and they didn't even put the Topfield PVR in their investigation despite it being the best PVR out there and despite it being literally years ahead of the Sky junk boxes.

Do you own research on the internet and stay away from sites like that imo.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2016, 08:01 PM

How much are the small Mobius dash cams?

The dash cam ive got atm is useless,apparently it doesnt even turn on automatically I have to turn it on every time I go out and then when it is turned on I cant even tell if its recording as there's no green light or anything to let me know its recording.....its pretty crap!! But I dont have much available cash to buy a new one so need to get one thats reasonably cheap but is easy to use and reliable
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2016, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
Omah ...how much are they please.?
Aysa, they retail between about £55 and £80.

However no-one has them in stock just now and I am worried that they may not get any more. It's a brilliant bit of kit and just what I would want for a dashcam.

Basically keep watching these sites:

http://www.hobbyking.co.uk/hobbyking...Video_Out.html

http://www.hobbyrc.co.uk/mobius-acti...v-video-camera

The latter link does have some in stock according to that web page, but unfortunately is doesn't have any of the extra attachments/accessories which you really need to use it as a dash cam. e.g. switching batteries for capacitors, using the extension cable to separate the camera lens from the body so it can be integrated into the car etc.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK

30-08-2016, 08:04 PM

Realist ,it does look a nice little cam...I will keep an eye on those sites thanks....
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2016, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Which? magazine is a totally BIASED and obviously paid for PR merchant. You'd be pretty silly imo to base your decisions on their junk.

I remember many years ago Which? doing an article on home PVRs (video recorders with hard drives). They of course put the Sky Plus box top of their list and they didn't even put the Topfield PVR in their investigation despite it being the best PVR out there and despite it being literally years ahead of the Sky junk boxes.

Do you own research on the internet and stay away from sites like that imo.
You may be right. They regularly keep offering Humax PVRs as best buys. I have one which is crap compared my other one, a Panasonic.

I used to have a Topfield, years ago, but it was rubbish. The company went out of business.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

30-08-2016, 09:14 PM

I had a Topfield PVR for many years, even before Sky started releasing its Sky Plus boxes. The Topfield Pee'd all over the Sky box. The Topfield had twin tuners allowing your to record 2 programs whilst also watching a 3rd. It also had a 250GB hard drive whilst the original Sky boxes had a pathetic 40GB. The Topfield was also based on an open sourced operating system meaning that anyone could develop mods, programs and utilities for it and as a result it had a huge development following and there were masses of extras you could download for your box. It was a brilliant bit of kit, way ahead of the game.

Today I have switched to a Miraclebox with 3 tuners and 1TB hard drive. I can record 12 programs simultaneously across 3 multiplexes. It is also open architecture so there are various choices of OS for the box to suit your needs. Again, an exceptionally brilliant bit of kit.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2016, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
http://www.nextbase.co.uk/product/in...-professional/

I have one for a year and it's excellent .....

Any dash-cam you buy must have number-plate legibility otherwise it's useless .....
I have been thinking about purchasing one for some time, one question though Omah, is it hard wired into the car, I don't like the thought of cables all over the place, cheers.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2016, 10:25 PM

Have a look at techmoan on YouTube, he reviews dash cams (among other things) and is pretty unbiased,
You can buy hardwire kits to fix your camera to the cars electrics, alternatively, you could hide the cable behind the cars headlining and down the trim ( it will push neatly behind the cars trim without dismantling) and use the power plug and plug into this, ( cigarette lighter)
Although you will have to check that the plug is not permanently live otherwise the camera will drain your battery
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2016, 11:21 PM

Thanks Primus

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top