Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2010, 02:33 PM

Mobile Phones

Does anyone else have a problem with their mobiles in as much as they keep dialling up numbers on their own when they're in you're pocket? I got into my car this morning with my mobile and I suddenly heard this woman's voice saying "press 1 for this, press 2 for that, otherwise hang up now". I thought where the hell is that coming from, and it was my mobile that had dialled up the AA!!! Then the other day it had recorded something all on it's own, God knows what that was!!! Then before that it had dialled up my Mum and I was in the health centre and my Mum heard all what I said to the doctor!!! How embarrassing was that.

My keypad does lock but not all the time.

Does this happen to anyone else?
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2010, 02:36 PM

Re: Mobile Phones

I lock my phone apart from when I`m actually using it. Did you know a lot of 999 calls are accidental ones from unlocked mobiles?
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2010, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by claireandaisy ->
I lock my phone apart from when I`m actually using it. Did you know a lot of 999 calls are accidental ones from unlocked mobiles?
Oh my God, really I don't think you can lock my phone manually, I'll have to read my manual to it. Thanks for telling me that claireandaisy, I would be mortified if they were rung by mistake.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2010, 08:47 PM

I do the same as ClaireandDaisy-always lock my phone Alicat, and even when locked can still answer any calls to me. Some time ago I had to use an old mobile and had forgotten how to lock it. Went for long walk and when I got back my lovely neighbour was waiting for me. Apparently I had rung her number and blocked her line-only cleared when my credit ran out!!!! She knew I was alright because she could hear me calling Hatti and chatting to various people. Sure it will tell you in your manual how to lock your phone Alicat.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2010, 12:44 PM

What phone is it? Sounds like bad design if their keypad unlocks whilst in the pocket - that's what it's supposed to prevent! I'd contact the manufacturer they might be nice and send you an updated version. Tho don't hold your breath they can be a bit tight!
Alicat
West Berkshire

09-07-2010, 06:34 PM

It's a brand new Samsung one Azz, I'll have to look up the model number.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2010, 07:02 PM

What are the key strokes or method to unlock it?
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2010, 10:00 AM

I lock mine!
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2010, 10:21 AM

I never have mine switched on, it sits in the car for emergency use only.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2010, 01:41 PM

My last phone had an exposed keypad that forced me to lock it all the time. Now I've got a simple flipfone that is protected for accidental button pushing. I don't buy fancy phones, I use a phone service called Tracfone where you buy a simple phone, Motorrola camera phone $19.95, then just keep refilling the minutes at a very reasonable rate. No monthly bill.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top