Join for free
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2017, 10:06 AM

Re: Anyone thought about emigrating elsewhere?

My husband would never move from Yorkshire, have to admit I was in Canada a few years ago and I was impressed. Maybe if I had visited there when the kids were young I might have persuaded him to move there, doubt it though.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2017, 11:31 AM

Hi

I would love to live in Poland in the summer, in Piotrkow.

Beautiful town, very historic, very warm and sunny in summer, a bit like the Darling Buds of May.

Fantastic fishing and countryside, beavers, deer everywhere.

Out in the forests, wild boar etc.

Old fashioned seasons, winter, spring, summer and autumn.

Lovely people, ridiculously cheap but you would not want to spend winter there, far too cold.

Winter I would love to spend in Swansea, lovely part of the world.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2017, 02:59 PM

If money was no problem I'd divide my year between Africa, Singapore, various parts of South America and Europe. All for very different reasons, but since I'm not in a "money no object" situation and since I'm happy where I am, that will do for me.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2017, 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
If money was no problem I'd divide my year between Africa, Singapore, various parts of South America and Europe. All for very different reasons, but since I'm not in a "money no object" situation and since I'm happy where I am, that will do for me.
I have often thought of buying an apartment in Canberra to be near my kids and one in Darwin to get way from the southern winter but I fear I have left my run too late. I am stuck on the south coast.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2017, 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I have often thought of buying an apartment in Canberra to be near my kids and one in Darwin to get way from the southern winter but I fear I have left my run too late. I am stuck on the south coast.
How about a long term rent for the winter months? There are many pensioners from UK, and no doubt other parts of Europe, who come over and stay in hotels for 3 months in the winter. They say itīs cheaper than paying heating costs in the UK.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2017, 02:43 AM

I don't find it that warm in Spain in winter especially as many of the places are full of tiles not cosy !
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2017, 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
How about a long term rent for the winter months? There are many pensioners from UK, and no doubt other parts of Europe, who come over and stay in hotels for 3 months in the winter. They say itīs cheaper than paying heating costs in the UK.
No, I'd rather buy; Darwin is a bargain at the moment with the mining boom over. Canberra much less so. The problem is that I like where I live and I travel so much that I am not home that often. Buying two apartments would mean two places that are only used for two or three months of the year and I don't know anybody in Darwin at all.

I suspect I will continue doing what I do which is try to avoid being home in the winter - anything below 15°C is too cold for me.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2017, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I don't find it that warm in Spain in winter especially as many of the places are full of tiles not cosy !
A tad warmer than Manchester.
I think you've been spoilt....with all your warm winters
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2017, 08:27 AM

I often wonder how many Brits would like to move abroad but don't because they would be leaving their families behind.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2017, 08:33 AM

I'll be going shortly....I'm ordering a brand new bluewater sailing yacht from France....with the money i've just ordered.

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top