Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2018, 02:16 PM

Re: Adverts

Originally Posted by Maddy ->
i agree with u doc '''
adverts are beginning to dominate our tv viewing 'ok yes we need them -but please for gods sake keep to a minimum 'they are getting longer and longer taking up so much prog time ..and some car adds have nothing to do with the actual car ...
They are indeed.

I thought there was a legal maximum length of adverts within an hour, but this seems to be quite variable these days.

I believe that broadcasters extend advertising time for two reasons: more money from advert sales, and savings from reducing programme times.

Also, I see more and more programme previews being shown which, again, reduces the time the programmes are actually being shown. More money savings. Even Aunty Beeb does that too!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2018, 02:21 PM

I hate all ads .....

I try to avoid them or fast forward or mute, but those that still filter through and annoy me include those to do with SUV/Lifestyle or Food/Supermarkets .....
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2018, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by Maddy ->
i agree with u doc '''
adverts are beginning to dominate our tv viewing 'ok yes we need them -but please for gods sake keep to a minimum 'they are getting longer and longer taking up so much prog time ..and some car adds have nothing to do with the actual car ...
Yes Maddy they are getting longer the normal amount of adverts now is 9 mind you it does give you enough time to have a pee and put kettle on and make a sarnie.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2018, 03:13 PM

There's generally ten...
I play a game where I whizz through counting to ten and stop at precisely the moment the programme begins
I'm pretty good at it!!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2018, 03:24 PM

It's interesting to watch some of the old programmes such as Bullseye, when they say, 'we'll be back in two minutes'. Now, it's more like five.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2018, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
There's generally ten...
I play a game where I whizz through counting to ten and stop at precisely the moment the programme begins
I'm pretty good at it!!
I'm fortunate to have a remote control which includes a button for one minute advance and another for ten seconds retard, so I usually advance five minutes and retard ten, twenty or thirty seconds until I'm at the right place.

Sometimes, however, it can be six minutes or even more advanced.

It would be a great help if the TV companies could time their ad breaks for exactly five minutes. Unfortunately, though, they seem to be wise to people like me and vary the length of their ad breaks!
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2018, 07:38 PM

I really hate those Compare.com ads.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2018, 07:39 PM

I kinda like the Meerkat ad's and I used to love the Hamlet cigar ones years ago. However, most these days drive me batty.

The ones I hate the most are the bank / building society ones making out they care about their customers. The lending institutions are the most corrupt, uncaring swindling cretins on the planet. I find their ad's both nauseating and hypocritical.

If we have to put up with ad's, at least try to make them interesting or amusing.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

26-04-2018, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
If we have to put up with ad's, at least try to make them interesting or amusing.
I could go along with that.

I do remember some quite entertaining ads from years ago.
Docholliday
Norfolk UK

26-04-2018, 09:51 PM

My favourite one was the Virgin airline one a few year back with the lovely stewardess's.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top