Join for free
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2018, 03:31 AM

Re: Do you have an ipad what do you use it for.

Mostly,but not exclusively,mart. I also use GNOME,which has built-in binaries for compatibility with Linux,plus on the SSD I keep a compacted version of FreeDOS,for the mathematical stuff. As far as Windows 10 goes,I'd rather eat my socks [and I know where they've been!] and the Apple system just defies any effort I make to acquaint with it. That iPad was a total failure,as on opening and starting it,the very first thing it did was demand a password for an 'Apple I.D.' that I haven't used since Noah was a boy-so I got in touch with Apple...and was informed they'd reset it for £50,but it would take ten days. That was weeks ago. Nah. Sod Apple's money hungry antics..it sits in it's box to my right,never been used. I never heard back from Apple,so it can go in the bin. My binman may like it-I don't.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2018, 03:42 AM

Haven't got one.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2018, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I wish to get a medical device and it requires either a smartphone or tablet in order to download an application to operate the device.

I don't have either and am happy with my little basic mobile phone so don't think I want a smartphone .
So it would have to be an ipad and only certain models are compatible so a reconditioned one (which also costs a lot less than a smartphone).

So my question is, what do you use your ipad for ...
Also what size is it, will 32gb be sufficient for my basic needs.
OK a reply to the topic title.

I play games on it.

I watch U Tube.

But most important I use it as a Phone...which cost nothing.

Be in America soon and can ring up my friends in England for NOTHING
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2018, 03:11 PM

Thank you, everyone who responded all advice duly noted.
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2018, 05:16 PM

I use mine for fb messenger
Flightradar24 for tracking planes
ISS Spotter for getting Space Station Times
Browsing forums like this one
Browsing fb
Mail to read my mail
Banking Apps to look at accounts
Twitter
Instagram
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2018, 05:32 PM

I bought a tablet 3 maybe 4 yrs ago. That's similar to an ipad innit?

I thought it would be nice to sit comfortably and browse online. But I couldn't get into it

I rarely use it now, 'cept for taking pictures.

If the laptop is having problems with a virus or something, I do use the tablet to go online to try and suss what's wrong. If it's complicated I then trundle to the library to use theirs and do an in depth look. I'm more comfortable using a proper screen.

So basically, I use mine for the camera, and going online if somethings wrong with my laptop.
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2018, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
I bought a tablet 3 maybe 4 yrs ago. That's similar to an ipad innit?

I thought it would be nice to sit comfortably and browse online. But I couldn't get into it

I rarely use it now, 'cept for taking pictures.

If the laptop is having problems with a virus or something, I do use the tablet to go online to try and suss what's wrong. If it's complicated I then trundle to the library to use theirs and do an in depth look. I'm more comfortable using a proper screen.

So basically, I use mine for the camera, and going online if somethings wrong with my laptop.
Oh yes you remind me I do take the odd photo with and have took the odd video on it, some of them very odd
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2018, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by Pug ->
Absolute truth...I bought an iPad,the 'latest greatest' seven months ago.
It's 9.7",128gb,lastest ios,blah,blah...and it sits totally unused over to my right as I sit here,back in it's box. It got taken out,charged,started-was looked at for all of three minutes,thought "Y'gotta be joking!" went back in it's box...hasn't seen daylight since. There's even a totally unused new h/d jacket,bought for it at the same time,sat with it. Nahhh...Linux Roolz.
I suppose I'll get round to posting it on ebay-but honestly,I just can't be ar... - er bothered.
E-Bay is a hassle but worth it before a product price collapses.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2018, 08:56 AM

My son bought me an Apple IPad a few years ago. I used to use it all the time until I got my smartphone now it's just in a drawer somewhere.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2018, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Thank you, everyone who responded all advice duly noted.

And have you decided?

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top