Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2018, 11:55 AM

Re: Help Please With A Recipe....

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
http://www.over50sforum.com/showthre...ish+pie&page=2

One of the most infuriating things on this site is you can't post the same photo more than once grrrrrrrrrr!

So all I can do is point you to this thread and post11 Jilly Cooper's Gloucestershire Fish Pie...omit the prawns and add chopped hb egg if liked see post2
Wow, thanks for that link to the thread ruthio, gained some great tips. Really spoiling me for choice now. I was despairing when I opened this post. very greateful xx
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2018, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
thehappyfoodie.co.uk/recipes/fish-pie

Here we go SG, got the right link this time.
Thank you susie, that sounds delicious, I love Fennel with Fish too, adds a superb flavor. Thanks to Realist and ruthio too.xx
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

01-08-2018, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Shropshiregirl, Have you considered making a court bouillon ? It would ad a considerable amount of flavor AND you could freeze the leftover court bouillon.
bakerman, I would take any advice to ensure that the fish pie is delicious! except that this ignoramus doesn't know what a court bouilllion is!!! I have Knorr beef, chicken and vegetable boullion cubes in the spice cupboard but have not heard of this one. Help please. x
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

01-08-2018, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
I was at a fish market stall recently, and they had dried out (probably puking smelly too but I didn't get close enough) cubes of different fish on sale as a fish pie ingredient. No thank you.

Fish pie ought to be taken more seriously.
Agree wholeheartedy d00d, fortunately, have a great fishmonger here that has his fish delivered daily from the coast, so know it is quality fish (hence desperate to get recipe so don't end up with rubbish fish pie) besides, my reputation as a great little cook is at risk too!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

01-08-2018, 12:12 PM

Thank you all so very much for your links, recipes and tips on how to make a great fish pie without salmon and prawns. Extremely grateful to you all and will confidently go where I have never been before and make a Fish Pie for Friday. I will let you know how it came out. I think I will start with the Cod, smoked haddock, mushrooms and fennel in a creamy sauce with a cheese and onion mash to add even more flavour.

Thank you again everyone. x
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2018, 12:24 PM

Hi

Iceland do three packs of frozen fish for £10, an easy and cheap way to experiment with different combinations.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

01-08-2018, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Iceland do three packs of frozen fish for £10, an easy and cheap way to experiment with different combinations.
Not for me I'm afraid Swimmy. If I make a dish for dinner, I want and fully expect it to be perfect! and that is with the freshest ingredients I can get (and afford). The thought of serving up a meal that is going to get a "yuk! this is bland" comment with HWMO leaving said servings on his plate, is just not on! I would rather seek the advice on here of those who have tried and tested their recipes so I know it will be a success. My pride would be at stake here!
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2018, 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
bakerman, I would take any advice to ensure that the fish pie is delicious! except that this ignoramus doesn't know what a court bouillon is!!! I have Knorr beef, chicken and vegetable bouillon cubes in the spice cupboard but have not heard of this one. Help please. x
Ah, Ok. No problem. A court Bouillon is a stock, not a bouillon cube. You would have to make it ahead of time using, water/wine, spices and vegetables. it's only a small amount of work and well worth the effort, especially if you are doing a special dinner party or maybe for a holiday where you want to impress.

It's a tad complicated to explain on the forum, so I'll look around the net and see what I can post for you.

Please don't call yourself an ignoramus. It's a French "short" stock, often used as a base when making bouillabaisse. I'll get back to you soon.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2018, 01:22 AM

http://wikihow.com/Make-Court-Bouillon

If you will go to any search engine, you will find dozens and dozens of ways to prepare court bouillon.

P. S. super cheap to make and it adds a tremendous amount of flavor
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

02-08-2018, 03:19 PM

What a lovely, clear recipe with each stage of making a court bouillion. Thank you very much Bakerman. I may well try this after a couple of attempts of following the recipes on here for a tasty and delicious Fish Pie. x

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top