Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2018, 05:59 PM

Re: I'm considering getting a tattoo..

Originally Posted by solo ->
Just a thought. Looking ahead to aging, how will they look on an old face
Dunno - how should they look?

Old people have eybrows don't they?
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2018, 06:16 PM

Eyebrow wigs is the way to go, i think mine look smashing.

Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2018, 06:36 PM

I have my feet and ankles tattooed black. I save a fortune on socks.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2018, 06:43 PM

I have a couple of tattoos but I'd never do it on my face. It would be really really sore. The less padding in the area you want tattooed the sorer it is. Top of arms is easiest then top of legs, but move to ankles or back of hands and you'll really know what pain is...….Your choice, but think hard.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2018, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Dunno - how should they look?

Old people have eybrows don't they?

The reason I mentioned the aging face was a friend had hers done when is was all the rage along with eyeliner and lips. As her face/eyes is aging and sagging the tattoing has become very noticeable and she regrets having these done
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2018, 08:44 PM

I have two friends who have had it done. One of them paid £250! I don't think it necessary really Carol, you can pencil them, they have some great eyebrow pencils out there. I'm be too scared to have it done in case it went wrong but of course, it's your decision and if you decide to go ahead then good luck lass. Someone said they fade, I can't remember who said it now but they are correct, they do need topping up after a couple of years.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2018, 08:49 PM

Hi carol , I do eyebrow threading and have talked to a number of people about eyebrows .

Firstly, mine are almost invisible unless I dye them , they look good when dyed . Lasts about a month . I personally would rather dye them .

My young neices have had them tattooed they look great but remember they are young and never leave the house without makeup .

I knew an older lady who had it done , they were very dark but did fade in time , but as she aged more you could tell they were tattoos . We get paler as we age .

However let us know how you get on and good luck .
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2018, 09:27 PM

Oooh Carol, you sure? Tattooing eyebrows? I'd be more inclined to go down the dyeing route or just pencilling them in.

I'm trying to envisage it and all I see are those ridiculous tattooed or dyed eyebrows that seem to be in fashion now. Gross. I hope you don't mean those

(For me, I'd rather have tattooed hair on my head rather than tattooed eyebrows anyway )
Panda
Dorset/Europe
Panda is female 

02-08-2018, 11:03 PM

Carol don't do it. Just get a brush and some eye shadow in your brow colour and brush it on.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2018, 07:54 AM

Thanks for your input. I've decided not to tattoo.

Can anybody recommend a good eyebrow dye please?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top