Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 09:07 AM

Website blocks

I have a feeling this is all to do with the recent privacy law changes, GDPR etc, but I will ask anyway.

I have noticed now that my browser (IE) will no longer let me get to certain websites. This one for example:

www.bloomberg.com

It's a mainstream USA financial news site but I can't get to it anymore. With or without Javascript enabled.

It's either something to do with the GDPR stuff, or it's just that certain sites now completely block you out if you have an old browser version.

Even if I search for something in Google and it returns lots of search results, I find that when I click on them I just get a blank page saying, "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage"

ANyone else experiencing this recently?
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 09:10 AM

Re: Website blocks

For what it is worth, i can get on it via the link, using Windows Vista. and Firefox.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
For what it is worth, i can get on it via the link, using Windows Vista.
I can access the link too...(Chrome )
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 09:15 AM

I'm getting into Bloomberg OK using Internet Explorer 11, Firefox and other browsers.

I read you use a modified hosts file. Could it be something in that? Has it been updated recently perhaps?
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 09:15 AM

Same for me also ,via the link and also via google search too...im using chrome browser
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 09:32 AM

Yes, I'm in too Realist, using Windows 7 and Google Chrome...
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
I have a feeling this is all to do with the recent privacy law changes, GDPR etc, but I will ask anyway.

I have noticed now that my browser (IE) will no longer let me get to certain websites. This one for example:

www.bloomberg.com

It's a mainstream USA financial news site but I can't get to it anymore. With or without Javascript enabled.

It's either something to do with the GDPR stuff, or it's just that certain sites now completely block you out if you have an old browser version.

Even if I search for something in Google and it returns lots of search results, I find that when I click on them I just get a blank page saying, "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage"

ANyone else experiencing this recently?
I'm no expert but it seems Chrome gets you in certain places and IE doesn't. I have both on my laptop and IE runs much slower than it used to. It's all part of Google's plan to rule the World.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 10:58 AM

Works for me too, Win 10 and Chrome
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 01:18 PM

Well how bizarre

I clicked on my own link above and now it's working. One minute :

"Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage"

next I works !

Wondering if this is a DNS issue with my ISP provider
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 01:40 PM

That's all double dutch to me Realist ... else I was going to say I can get to bloomberg on IE with Win 7 on BT.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top