Join for free
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2018, 08:48 PM

Another Moan

Yesterday [Friday]afternoon I rang the District nurses,to ask when I was due for a change of dressing on my melanoma,& was told quite teresly 'Tomorrow', I explained that the dressing had come off & I had taped it back on with micro tape,I was still told ' 'Tomorrow', I got cross then & asked " Did you hear what I said ,my dressing has come off my wound & Ive taped it back on" .I got a reply that the "message would be passed on "
Just after 7 PM igot a phone call from D.N asking IF I still wanted someone to call, I said Its up to you & explained again that the dressing had come off. I was told someone would call later, but by 9.30 pm no one had called ,so I rang again as I was very tired,Yes ,they said someone would be there within the hour.Finally just after 10 PM 2 nurses came & put on a clean dressing ,I was so tired ,glad to get to bed. This morning I rang to ask when they were returning & was told someone would come today,then again on Monday.Here we are at 8,45 pm & still no nurse.I hope they wont arrive now,the dressing seems secure for tonight
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2018, 10:37 PM

Re: Another Moan

Maybe call 111 instead of the district nurses.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2018, 09:20 PM

District Nurses are supposed to come to dress my wound every 48 hrs, but dont always come ,I only rang Friday morning because the dressing had come off ,& I needed to know if they were coming [ it was their due day] I had stuck it back on with a bit of micro tape, not very hygenic. Yesterday & today no one has called so I assume they will call tomorrow
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2018, 10:59 PM

Micro tape should be ok. As long as the area isn't getting red, swollen or feeling hot and as long as you don't have a fever then it sounds like you did a good job.

Have you spoken to your GP about the district nurses? I believe the surgery pays for them.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2018, 11:01 PM

My poor old Mum's district nurse was a nightmare. I didn't half have some rows with her.

Even Mum's GP didn't get on with her and told me she was "a law unto herself."

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top