Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2018, 03:58 PM

Nausea and vomiting

What is the best thing to take if you have nausea and vomiting. I have had this for three days and I don't know what is wrong. I can't go to Dr as I can't stop throwing up and he is in another city.

I think I have lost 20 lbs. I am happy to lose the weight, but not this way....

I can't take gravol. I took it for too many years for migraine and now it doesn't work any more. It will work for about an hour and that is it.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.......
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2018, 04:34 PM

Re: Nausea and vomiting

Drink plenty of water so you do not dehydrate - and try a little plain boiled rice and plain 'live' yoghurt. Usually works for me.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2018, 04:49 PM

Can't you ring the doctors office and ask his advice or request he visit you at home?

3 days - it's gone on long enough to be a concern.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2018, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Can't you ring the doctors office and ask his advice or request he visit you at home?

3 days - it's gone on long enough to be a concern.
Doctors around here, don't do home visits, but I am sure they would tell me to go to Emergency. I hate going to emerg and having to lay there for a day and a half or longer sometimes while they have their naps and lunches and not enough staff on hand. You could die waiting for some of them to even come in to speak to you.....especially if you are a senior, I kid you not......
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

25-10-2018, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Drink plenty of water so you do not dehydrate - and try a little plain boiled rice and plain 'live' yoghurt. Usually works for me.
I don't have any yogurt on hand Silver, but I will cook some rice and try that........thanks....

I am getting better, it was 3 days of hell tho.......
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2018, 08:01 PM

Drink some Canada Dry Ginger Ale at room temperature, honey. That should help to settle your stomach down.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2018, 08:04 PM

This is one of those times when having a small bottle of GSE (Grapefruit Seed Extract) would have helped. It kills stomach bugs pretty quickly and stops you throwing up.
Much depends how quickly you take it though.

Have to ask, is your sickness accompanied by the runs? If so, likely just a tummy bug gastrointestinal thing, possibly Norovirus. That typically lasts 72 hours but again if you had GSE it would be over in 12 hrs or so.

Eat bland food at this stage. Garlic is good for killing bugs.

As others have said keep hydrated.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2018, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
What is the best thing to take if you have nausea and vomiting. I have had this for three days and I don't know what is wrong. I can't go to Dr as I can't stop throwing up and he is in another city.

I think I have lost 20 lbs. I am happy to lose the weight, but not this way....
I'm afraid I can top that.

We have been in India last week and, since last Wednesday, I have been unable to keep anything down. Not being sick all the time, but certainly feeling sick.

Yesterday, this having gone on for over a week, I decided it was time to do something, so went to the GP and asked for an urgent appointment. To be honest, I was fully expecting the guard dog (receptionist) to tell me to come back in a day or two but, no, I can get you in at 1220 with Dr X.

The young doctor was very nice and very professional. Details were taken and, because I had been ill for so long - and also because it had begun in India - she referred me to the nearest hospital immediately.

I arrived there at about 2pm and was triaged within about half an hour. Details taken, tests done (bloods, ECG, chest X-ray, etc.) and, eventually an anti-emetic injection given with oral medication for follow-up. I finally left at about 7.30pm. No clear cause was found, but I was asked to return again tomorrow (Friday) for a follow-up.

People complain about the NHS and I'm sure the organisation is under-funded and over-subscribed. However, I was very impressed with the treatment I received and couldn't have hoped for better.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

25-10-2018, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by Beautiful Filly ->
Drink some Canada Dry Ginger Ale at room temperature, honey. That should help to settle your stomach down.
Thank you so much Filly, and I wish it was that easy. It was the same as when I was at your house last.

The thing is this....tonight I have pain in my side and my p**p is yellow. I looked it up on the internet and it could be my gall bladder.......

So if this pain is still here tomorrow, I will go to emerg.....or maybe tonight......
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

25-10-2018, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
This is one of those times when having a small bottle of GSE (Grapefruit Seed Extract) would have helped. It kills stomach bugs pretty quickly and stops you throwing up.
Much depends how quickly you take it though.

Have to ask, is your sickness accompanied by the runs? If so, likely just a tummy bug gastrointestinal thing, possibly Norovirus. That typically lasts 72 hours but again if you had GSE it would be over in 12 hrs or so.

Eat bland food at this stage. Garlic is good for killing bugs.

As others have said keep hydrated.
Thank you so much Realist.....and I will be sure to pick up a bottle when I get through this and can go out again....

No, it is not accompanied by the runs....but tonight there is a yellow colour.......I also have a pain in my right side which is getting pretty uncomfortable right now......

I have been posting all day to keep my mind occupied, but I don't think I can last another day.....

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top