Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 11:30 AM

Re: What was your favourite??

I always loved, Cadbury’s Whole Nut, Caramac, Munchies and Crunchies!

I got the first edition of the Bunty comic and it had a free ladybird ring in it!
I liked the Four Marys too but my favourite was the ballet dancer, Moira Kent. She was always clasping her hands to her chin. My brother used to make fun and do an imitation of her to annoy me!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 11:41 AM

My BIL worked for Fry's so I got lots of freebees, I think it was Aztec bars he developed, I didn't like them, it was supposed to be their version of Mars bar.
My favourite sweet was Ling's Turkish Delight, I don't think it's made now.
I'm partial to Haribo Super Mix or similar and Mint Crumbles but, I have to ration myself.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Mccowans Highland Toffee - or coo candy as we called it because of the picture of the highland cow.

Great stuff for pulling out loose milk teeth too. Bite down hard on the toffee, wait a while then open your mouth quickly to remove the tooth then remove the tooth from the toffee.

Place tooth under pillow at night and in the morning retrieve my "I owe you sixpence" IOU.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
It's difficult to get Laura Secord in the UK, you sometimes used to see them in posh shops.

Sherbet dabs that takes me back and those hard little sticks of Spanish...we put them in a bottle of water shook them up and made Spanish wine with them ...very chic
And a good laxative.

Liquorice sticks anyone? The wooden sticks (3 for a tanner) you could chew on for hours.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I always loved, Cadbury’s Whole Nut, Caramac, Munchies and Crunchies!

I got the first edition of the Bunty comic and it had a free ladybird ring in it!
I liked the Four Marys too but my favourite was the ballet dancer, Moira Kent. She was always clasping her hands to her chin. My brother used to make fun and do an imitation of her to annoy me!
Wasn't there a version of Munchies that had a nut in the centre?

Loved Caramac too.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
And a good laxative.

Liquorice sticks anyone? The wooden sticks (3 for a tanner) you could chew on for hours.
I liked those Judd and sweet tobacco.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire

20-09-2018, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I liked those Judd and sweet tobacco.
Aye, nice coconut based `confection`. They did a green coloured one too that was supposed to be Popeye's spinach.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

20-09-2018, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Aye, nice coconut based `confection`. They did a green coloured one too that was supposed to be Popeye's spinach.
Don't remember the green one. What about the sweet cigarettes, imagine those being sold to kids today.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Don't remember the green one. What about the sweet cigarettes, imagine those being sold to kids today.
I used to love those, probably why I became a smoker.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 01:48 PM

Liguorice Comfits. We used to pretend the red ones were lipstick and then our mums would slap us for looking like tarts

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top