Join for free
Page 11 of 20 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2018, 06:35 PM

Re: Are you proud to be British?

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
The Mail and MoS are Britain's finest daily and Sunday newspapers. They have the best journalists and that's is one big reason why they have more "higher grade" readers than several of the other papers put together.

They speak for the decent law abiding people of this country.
To be fair, the online versions seem to have monkeys as journalists, if their spelling is anything to go by!

Perhaps they put their most junior ones (newly qualified with 'Meeja Studies' degrees) in charge of the online work.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2018, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
One thing I remember about the New York subway is that all the carriages have the American flag on them. Can you imagine the outcry if the Union Jack was printed on our tube trains!
Yes, especially as they are in Londonistan I'd expect them to be finished in a stylish green and white! The buses in Bradford are, anyway.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

24-09-2018, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by Vaniy ->
I Never call myself British

I am English in fact I'm Yorkshire No Leeds make that North Leeds
How could you leave God's County (and especially Adel) for Spain?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2018, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
To be fair, the online versions seem to have monkeys as journalists, if their spelling is anything to go by!

Perhaps they put their most junior ones (newly qualified with 'Meeja Studies' degrees) in charge of the online work.
I have to agree with that. Seventy five pictures of a celeb's dress...
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2018, 07:30 PM

How could you leave God's County (and especially Adel) for Spain?
You have never told us why you were banished, or did you abdicate?
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2018, 07:51 PM

Last I heard the online effort only has 30 staff. And they probably come cheap. It's what they say about paying peanuts.
BoxerBoy
West Sussex UK
BoxerBoy is male  BoxerBoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2018, 09:00 PM

It is Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday readers who are the backbone of this great country. We need more like them.
The Mail and MoS are Britain's finest daily and Sunday newspapers. They have the best journalists and that's is one big reason why they have more "higher grade" readers than several of the other papers put together.

They speak for the decent law abiding people of this country.
I think you actually believe that.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

24-09-2018, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by BoxerBoy ->
I think you actually believe that.
Like it or not, I understand that the Mail is the most popular newspaper in the country.

I'd say it appeals to the 'middle of the road' educated people. Not as posh as the Times or Telegraph, and certainly not appealing to Grauniad and Morning Star readers!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2018, 09:41 PM

I don't know why people are getting so angry about others preferring to read a different paper from themselves. Surely it's personal choice isn't it?
I really can't understand why some are getting very heated about this! Veering off topic yet again
BoxerBoy
West Sussex UK
BoxerBoy is male  BoxerBoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2018, 09:44 PM

Like it or not, I understand that the Mail is the most popular newspaper in the country.
It is popular in terms of circulation, in the same manner that the Sun and Mirror used to be extremely popular. However that in no way implies quality, it successfully attracts people for whom more serious publications are just too difficult to comprehend. Just a step up from a comic really..

Page 11 of 20 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top