Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2010, 05:59 PM

Re: Would you be lost without your computer!!?

Same here - I'm lost if the broadband or power goes down!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2010, 09:59 PM

How quickly we've all adapted to being able to go online any time we want to bank, e-mail, Google, shop, chat, whatever!
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2010, 11:36 AM

I'd certainly feel there was a void if I didn't have a computer. Online banking and shopping is done on it. However, I get quite long periods of time when I'm bored with the computer but still feel compelled to sit in front of it. It's not that I don't do anything else. Quite an active life all in all. When idle though, this my spot. I watch TV here too and while I'm doing that, the computer is also on.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2010, 01:41 PM

What a nice spot that is too Mart!

Couldn't help notice the sub-woofer... nice one
scrabblemad
leicester uk
scrabblemad is female  scrabblemad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2010, 06:07 PM

Oh how I envy you everything in one place. I would love to have my TV where I could watch it whilst doing Scrabble on line, but due to the electrical system in my room the TV is in the corner and I have to keep moving to watch it ( a bane I know), I do however have a nice swivel chair and desk with all the usual paraphenallia on it, but it could do to be big like yours. Very nice set up!
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2010, 06:10 PM

Im currently a victim of such a loss
It all started when BT terminated our account! Yes the bill was payed and no they'd not been asked to but there'd been a complicated conversation and somehow they'd been led to believe we were leaving BT and didnt want a line any longer Well after a desperate phone call to them they finally got the idea and apologised.. well ok they said they thought there'd been a small error! and we would be back with a phone line with in a week. Well it was a dreadful week.. I have full use of all this house but I tend to use just my room as sitting downstairs watching Stargate or Star Trek or Heliloggers or tattoo shows bores me to bits. But there's no tv signal up here so I watch all I want to see on the internet (which I cant recieve at the mo). Eventually after the week the phone line is back on and I try to log in all excited but no the router stil cant connect. We call BT again and they say "Ah well because we terminated your account you now have a new number so you'll have to ring whoever supplies your internet and tell them the new number". Grrrr this is getting ridiculous... so AOL are called and all is explained. They now see us as new account holders even though its only a number change and we'll have to wait 10-14 days for them to set up a new account!!!!! IDIOTS I mean my blood is boiling by this time and im like a drug dependant moronic fishwife but there's nothing that can be done.
So I left Reg in the good hands of my mate Gary who owns this house and also is without internet of course and grab my 3 dogs and go to camp out at my mothers for the 2nd time in a fortnight!!
I need to add that I have a very low mobile signal at home unless the phone is right against the window and its too far to use it for internet as it kills my back to reach over.
Anyway its the only signal that works so I trot off to the t-mobile shop and speak to Dave He tells me if I can get my pc in a position where a dongle will get the 3 bars that my mobile can get by the window I ought to be able to pick up a 2g signal. Well I went for it as at least it means I can speak to my other half who is working in Coventry and I haven't seen in over 2 weeks and probably not for another 2 , I can access my facebook too but cant do my games as 2g isnt fast enough and im obviously on here but cant see threads with photos very well either but HEY!!! Im online and fingers crossed the main broadband will be back in a week
So in answer to the thread question YES I was totally distraught with no internet!!!
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2010, 08:51 PM

What frustrating mix-up Cassie! I sympathise and hope it all gets sorted out as expected.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK

16-05-2010, 09:00 PM

Hope you get it sorted soon Cassie! I can imagine it's no fun !!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2010, 09:46 PM

OMG, how horrible' I'd have been climbing the walls!
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2010, 10:25 PM

Oh goodness Cassie-hope you get sorted soon.........

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top