Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2018, 12:15 PM

Re: Ed Sheeran

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Maybe I will appreciate his songs more in thirty years time, like I did with Abba and the BeegGees.
Well, I won't - I'll be dead .....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2018, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Well, I won't - I'll be dead .....
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2018, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Hi bud. I think I need to listen to more of his music to be honest. It's the hip hop stuff I can't be doing with, I much prefer songs like the one I'm about to mention below.

There is one absolutely brilliant piece of songwriting in a song called "Make It Rain", which I first heard in the TV series 'Sons Of Anarchy'. I couldn't believe it was Ed Sheeran when I read the credits after the programme.
It doesn't even feature on an album, but here it is with lyrics:
Apparently, Sheeran didn't write that song:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Make_I...heeran_version

"Make It Rain" is a song by Northern Irish musician Foy Vance. Ed Sheeran's recording of the song was used in an episode in season 7 of the television series Sons of Anarchy. Sheeran was an avid fan of the music for the series and mentioned it in a tweet. When the show's creator (Kurt Sutter) read the tweet, he proposed that Sheeran record a song for one of the episodes. As Sheeran was touring with Foy Vance at the time, and as one of Vance's songs (Make It Rain) started with the lyrics "When the sins of my father / Weigh down in my soul", Sheeran thought it was appropriate for the series and with Vance's approval, Sheeran recorded the song to be used in the episode "Red Rose" broadcast on 2 December 2014
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2018, 07:45 PM

Is he related to the royal ginger, never heard of him.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2018, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Maybe I will appreciate his songs more in thirty years time, like I did with Abba and the BeegGees.
It took you 30 years to appreciate the brilliance of both groups??????

Shame on you
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2018, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by basser ->
He’s a great singer
Maybe you’re my parents age
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2018, 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Apparently, Sheeran didn't write that song:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Make_I...heeran_version
That's very intersting Omah. I'm disappointed now. Maybe I should revert to my first about Sheeran after all. Perhaps he's just a lucky busker.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2018, 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
It took you 30 years to appreciate the brilliance of both groups??????

Shame on you
No, it was much quicker but I wouldn't admit it.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

22-12-2018, 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by basser ->
Not related but I think they are friends of his.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top