Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Fogey
Shropshire
Fogey is male  Fogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 01:15 PM

Re: Meet the man fighting anti vaxxers

To be or not to be, that is the question.

Do I have a flu jab every year or not? If not and I contract flu, then there is a real possibility I'll die.

If I do have the vaccine and contract flu, it will be a very much milder dose and easily survived.

Hmmmmm! 'Tis such a quandary. Not!!

To be would be my guess.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 01:43 PM

Exactly I really don't think it's me being overly emotional either, facts seem to me to make it absolutely the case we should protect ourselves if we are offered the jab.
Vaniy
Spain
Vaniy is male  Vaniy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 02:06 PM

Never had a flu jab

Never been offered one

If I was I would not have one never had polio vaccine either as as far as I remember had measles mumps german measles the lot when I was a kid we all seemed to manage
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 02:34 PM

Having seen some of these diseases starting to make a come back I don't believe that's a good idea but it's your body and you have to live with whatever decision you make. Only thing worries me is if too many people don't protect themselves the herd immunity we need may fail.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2019, 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by Fogey ->
Do I have a flu jab every year or not? If not and I contract flu, then there is a real possibility I'll die.
That's the "Campaign of Fear" working it's magic. The CDC instructed it's directors to put out media campaigns saying that flu would kill vulnerable people and that the strain will be really bad. Whether you live or die, when faced with ANY virus or ailment, will come down to how well YOU looked after your immune system and what YOU do when you do get ill, whether you obstruct your bodies own mechanisms or whether you let it do its job.

If I do have the vaccine and contract flu, it will be a very much milder dose and easily survived.
State your source in the form of proven studies for that statement please. The independent facts I've read don't really support the idea that many people will benefit from the vaccine.

Hmmmmm! 'Tis such a quandary. Not!!
It IS a quandary imo and one that everyone should take extremely seriously because if you are already in a vulnerable position then you could very seriously damage yourself by having the flu shot. It will stretch your immune system for a period and in that period you will be vulnerable to all the various bugs and viruses flying around including of course the many flu viruses.

Do not forget that any vaccine you have will have at most 4 flu strains (activated or inactivated). There are 100s of strains circulating out there which is why the independent research has proven that the vaccines help about 1 in 100 people vaccinated. Why put yourself at serious risk of stretching your immune system, most particularly in the very season of the year when flu strains are prevalent?

No quandary for me. I will never have the flu vaccine. It is wholly unproven to do what it claims, it states on the very paper inside the packet that it doesn't do what it claims and equally states that it has some very serious side effects, not to mention some hugely undesirable ingredients. The most respected international research institution (Cochrane) has studied it and concluded that it helps almost no-one. It is therefore pointless to have it and in fact potentially harmful.

In the end the one thing that should sway your decision is absolute proven fact about its efficacy.

The one thing that should never drive your decision is pure irrational fear.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2019, 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Only thing worries me is if too many people don't protect themselves the herd immunity we need may fail.
You keep harping on about your "herd immunity" Julie.

Tell me, if you are getting yourself vaccinated then you surely have absolutely nothing to worry about from anyone else who chooses not to be vaccinated right?

I mean that must surely rationally follow?

Or don't you actually believe the vaccines you have actually do anything?
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

05-01-2019, 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
facts seem to me to make it absolutely the case we should protect ourselves if we are offered the jab.
You patently ignore the facts Julie. Why is that?

Why do you ignore the Cochrane studies which state categorically that the flu vaccine is useless?

The facts make it perfectly clear that having the vaccine is pointless.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2019, 09:17 AM

It was minus 4 here last night realist...so enjoy that sunshine whilst you can.

I liked the line in the article let those anti vaxxers go have a root canal without anesthetic
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

05-01-2019, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
You keep harping on about your "herd immunity" Julie.

Tell me, if you are getting yourself vaccinated then you surely have absolutely nothing to worry about from anyone else who chooses not to be vaccinated right?

I mean that must surely rationally follow?

Or don't you actually believe the vaccines you have actually do anything?
I keep harping on have you heard yourself ?

I'm not afraid for me I am protected I am afraid for society which if we don't protect ourselves could be decimated by a bad flu epidemic.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

05-01-2019, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I liked the line in the article let those anti vaxxers go have a root canal without anesthetic
I'm puzzled. What does anaesthetic have to do with vaccines? Another reason the article was poor imo.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top