Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2019, 10:45 AM

Re: What's been living under my shed?

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I've emailed my council for advice as plum stones contain cyanide, I don't want to create dust from their insides by shovelling them up, we could breathe it in! I'll keep pets off it too.
Also rat pee can give you Weil's disease.

I think most fruit stones contain cyanide Tess, I know cherry stones do and apple core pips do, that's why I don't ever give my dogs apple core's to munch.
I should think you'd have to have a fair quantity of them to be harmful though, and not many of us eat the stones/pips.

I would be more worried about rat urine.
I never leave any dogs water, or any of their toys outside over night for this reason.
I am also very wary of leaving toys out because of slugs/snails crawling over them and introducing lungworm.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2019, 11:35 PM

Did you get a reply from the council, Tess?
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 03:41 PM

do you have possums in the UK?
possums like snails and I see snail shells in your photo. they also like fruits, veggies, ferns and other rodents.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top