Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2019, 10:34 AM

No dogs in Iran

It looks bad for dogs in Iran .
New rules from the religious nutcase rulers.
No more dog walking nor are they allowed in a car.
No wonder Iranians want to get out .

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...r-anxiety.html
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2019, 10:40 AM

Re: No dogs in Iran

Yet more cruelty looming on the horizon, Muddy . . .
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2019, 10:49 AM

I can't read it Muddy, the more I hear about humans the more I prefer animals...
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2019, 10:51 AM

They may have banned the dogs but the shit still remains.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2019, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I can't read it Muddy, the more I hear about humans the more I prefer animals...
I agree Meg, I just can't read these things any more I can't imagine why people do these things they must have wicked minds is all I can think.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2019, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I agree Meg, I just can't read these things any more I can't imagine why people do these things they must have wicked minds is all I can think.
Thick is a better description.
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2019, 11:50 AM

This is interesting, if also sad.

The first time I encountered a problem with dogs within the Islamic religion was some years ago when I was booking a taxi in London to take me and my dog to a train station, and was told that, as their drivers were predominantly Moslem, they would be unlikely to want to take my dog in their car.

I'd known that pigs were infra dig. but had never heard of dogs being a problem.

It makes me wonder what the status of cats is in Iran. I mean, they must have cats, probably feral cats, and what is the situation with them?

I would have thought that feral cats would present a bigger problem than pet dogs.

However, maybe some Moslem OFFs could clarify what the problem is with dogs, and their supposedly being unclean?

This is a genuine query, not intended to provoke.

Plus, if cats are tolerated, what is the difference between dogs and cats in respect of hygiene, given that cats can be a real problem, health wise, to pregnant women? Plus, being unsupervised, unlike pet dogs, they can defecate anywhere?
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2019, 12:03 PM

Re dogs & taxis.
Another problem is that very often dogs shed.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2019, 12:05 PM

I am not mulsim - but have found this information for you, Pyxell

Is it permissible to keep a cat in Islam?

In Islamic tradition, cats are admired for their cleanliness. They are thought to be ritually clean, unlike dogs, and are thus allowed to enter homes and even mosques, including Masjid al-Haram. Food sampled by cats is considered halal and water from which cats have drunk is permitted for wudu.
and here is a website to explain further:-

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/1241...n-keeping-pets
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2019, 12:23 PM

One waits for the day the world bans Iranians !

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top