Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2019, 11:35 AM

Re: Trophy hunters

Originally Posted by DWebb ->
They could have psychopathic tendencies of course
I know we over use the term 'mental problems' these days but is there really any other explanation? Evil maybe? I don't know.
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2019, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I know we over use the term 'mental problems' these days but is there really any other explanation? Evil maybe? I don't know.
I have other names for them but can not put them on here
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2019, 11:59 AM

...and Europe should get it's own house in order too. Exporting tigers to Asia for skins, medicines, teeth etc.

EU allows the captivity and breeding programmes and no one seems to care what happens to them.

Only 4,000 tigers left in the wild now, but whilst the trade with Asia continues, that in itself continues to fuel the desire for tigers parts and therefore jeopardizes the wild tigers.

Europe have no leg to stand on when criticism is being doled out. Animal welfare is not their priority.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2019, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
...and Europe should get it's own house in order too. Exporting tigers to Asia for skins, medicines, teeth etc.

EU allows the captivity and breeding programmes and no one seems to care what happens to them.

Only 4,000 tigers left in the wild now, but whilst the trade with Asia continues, that in itself continues to fuel the desire for tigers parts and therefore jeopardizes the wild tigers.

Europe have no leg to stand on when criticism is being doled out. Animal welfare is not their priority.
I agree. Just because a certain country is part of Europe, doesn't make them civilised. Look at Malta and it's annual bird cull.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2019, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->

Where are tigers bred in Europe ?
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2019, 12:52 PM

Now it’s fair

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	97A03B00-B96E-4D1B-9241-9A05301ED4E5.jpeg
Views:	75
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	8598  
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2019, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by DWebb ->
They could have psychopathic tendencies of course
There has been a connection made between people who are cruel to/get pleasure form killing animals and some psychopathic tendencies.
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2019, 04:42 PM

I know I upset some of you with my views on Squirrels a few days ago but I can tell you I am a hunt saboteur and I don,t care who knows it. I have witnessed a fine buck getting tangled in a barbed wire fence screaming in terror as the hounds pounced and killed. I have seen foxes being dug out of their dens and thrown to the hounds alive to be torn to pieces. There are many hunts in this country that, in spite of the ban, breed foxes just for hunts to chase and kill.
The damage done by deer is nothing and as for foxes being blamed for getting into chicken houses and killing chickens the simple answer is Make you chicken house foxproof.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2019, 06:25 PM

I agree Big Ben.
I live in hunting country and it's all a load of nonsense .
The crops are manly arable and the fox is the friend of the arable farmer .
As you say make your hen house fox proof surely man can outwit a fox.
There is no need for fox hunting much less deer hunting .
Drag hunting is far more exciting anyway being faster .
Only sadists want to see a beautiful animal killed .
In Oscar Wildes immortal words .
' The unspeakable in full pursuit of the uneatable '
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

31-01-2019, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by big ben ->
i know i upset some of you with my views on squirrels a few days ago but i can tell you i am a hunt saboteur and i don,t care who knows it. I have witnessed a fine buck getting tangled in a barbed wire fence screaming in terror as the hounds pounced and killed. I have seen foxes being dug out of their dens and thrown to the hounds alive to be torn to pieces. There are many hunts in this country that, in spite of the ban, breed foxes just for hunts to chase and kill.
The damage done by deer is nothing and as for foxes being blamed for getting into chicken houses and killing chickens the simple answer is make you chicken house foxproof.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top