Join for free
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2019, 05:15 PM

Re: The Dover Proposal.

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Why will they suddenly need "paperwork" ?
Hi

All things traded under WTO Rules need paperwork.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2019, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by marmaduke ->
I think today you will find most of the trucks coming through Dover carry foreign plates carrying foreign goods so may I suggest the length of the queue is a foreigners problem
Makes no odds to me in the slightest if a polish Lithuanian Bulgarian truck sits in a queue all week any more than it bothers me a load of Spanish lettuce is spoilt in transit .... again that is an EU problem
Hi

Many of the them are carrying parts for our industries.

It will directly affect these companies and their employees.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2019, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Why will they suddenly need "paperwork" ?

Other 3rd countries (such as Morocco) use the Dover to Calais route and they don't need paperwork.
Because as far as the EU is concerned, Dover is in a 3rd party country after brexit. The goods from marocco have been checked entering the EU (either spain or france). And since at present you are also EU, there is freedom of transport of goods, remember? So no further checks between france and UK. That changes after brexit.
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2019, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Many of the them are carrying parts for our industries.

It will directly affect these companies and their employees.
Yes many are carrying parts for uk industries and if the uk industries feel the pain or even go bust then it will be no surprise to find many many smaller business’s on mainland Europe going bust too !!!!

You may forget that we are open for business , Europe is open for business ... something we have been doing just great since roman days however the UNELECTED UNACCOUNTABLE EU is the 3rd person in this marriage and are the ones causing all the friction !!!!!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2019, 05:53 PM

This sounds strangely reminiscent of Project Fear!

I still maintain that, even if there are some initial problems, things will soon be sorted out. As others have said, it is in the EU's interest as much as ours.

Of course, if our great leader had had enough sense to start planning for Brexit two years ago, instead of dong all she can think of to keep us in by stealth, we would be much better prepared by now.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2019, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by marmaduke ->
Yes many are carrying parts for uk industries and if the uk industries feel the pain or even go bust then it will be no surprise to find many many smaller business’s on mainland Europe going bust too !!!!

You may forget that we are open for business , Europe is open for business ... something we have been doing just great since roman days however the UNELECTED UNACCOUNTABLE EU is the 3rd person in this marriage and are the ones causing all the friction !!!!!
The industries are mostly foreign owned. If the goods from the UK become too expensive they set up shop on the continent. The smaler businesses will go on supplying these newly set up industries.
Of course you are open to busines, so is the EU. In doing business there are the only two parties. There is no third involved.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

05-02-2019, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I still maintain that, even if there are some initial problems, things will soon be sorted out. As others have said, it is in the EU's interest as much as ours.
Wasn't it you stating the EU wanted to punish the UK for leaving? The EU can't do both, or do you see a way they can punish the UK through trading with them?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

05-02-2019, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
This sounds strangely reminiscent of Project Fear!

Of course, if our great leader had had enough sense to start planning for Brexit two years ago, instead of dong all she can think of to keep us in by stealth, we would be much better prepared by now.
Hi

If we had started planning two years ago we would not be in this mess and would have had to pay £Billions for a Transition period.

We have been badly let down by Government, and whilst we must Leave, I am concerned for those who will lose money unnecessarily.

One thing is for sure, our politicians won't be losing money.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2019, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Because as far as the EU is concerned, Dover is in a 3rd party country after brexit. The goods from marocco have been checked entering the EU (either spain or france). And since at present you are also EU, there is freedom of transport of goods, remember? So no further checks between france and UK. That changes after brexit.

We don't do that for goods coming from anywhere else in the world
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2019, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

If we had started planning two years ago we would not be in this mess and would have had to pay £Billions for a Transition period.

We have been badly let down by Government, and whilst we must Leave, I am concerned for those who will lose money unnecessarily.

One thing is for sure, our politicians won't be losing money.
Some of us - many of us if what I read is correct - don't want a transition period. The £39 billion would be very useful for us while we sort out any problems.
Transition period or no, the EU are not going to do anything to benefit us. They've made that perfectly clear, and we must remember their attitude in the future. I have a feeling that they're going to need us in time!

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top