Join for free
Page 12 of 12 « First < 2 10 11 12
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2019, 08:39 PM

Re: Reasons in favour of brexit

This guy at least understands things

https://youtu.be/DfgFta_dsKE
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2019, 09:52 PM

New member on an Over 50's forum,perhaps. The penny is beginning to drop among politicians.
Unsure
UK
Unsure is male  Unsure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2019, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
No but I remember how well kept and managed our rivers and waterways were, being constantly dredged of their silt and gravel by local farmers and authorities. Then the EU came along with their European Waterways Framework saying we mustn't manage the waterways any more, but must leave them to Nature.

The result, lots of blockages which lead to lots of horrendous floods when it rained, which in turn ruined the lives of many people who found their downstairs rooms flooded with filthy smelly water. Now those people are stuck in their houses. They will likely never be able to sell them as no-one will want to touch houses that are now prone to flooding.

Of course once we are out of the EU bureaucracy we can get back to doing things properly.

Have you got links to this story?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2019, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Unsure ->
Have you got links to this story?

I think it's part of the water frameworks directive
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2019, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
I think it's part of the water frameworks directive
I just remainer BS

There was a comprehensive EU directive regarding maintaining waterways and a later one referred to in this thread that required the consevatio of ecosystems and biodiversity

The lack of maintenance of our waterways has more to do with the demise of the BWB and lack of government funding which is a domestic issue and nothing to do with the EU

Page 12 of 12 « First < 2 10 11 12

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top