Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2019, 05:15 PM

The EU Keeping the Peace (well, not actually)

Here we go again...

Italy and France in crisis (2 founding members of the EU I may add) and where is the Commission to moderate and do its "peace keeping" ?

Nowhere .... because its all b0llocks.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-47161500
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2019, 05:40 PM

Re: The EU Keeping the Peace (well, not actually)

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Here we go again...

Italy and France in crisis (2 founding members of the EU I may add) and where is the Commission to moderate and do its "peace keeping" ?

A french yellow vest list voted into the european parliament? Never again say the EU is non-democratic.
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2019, 05:45 PM

I seem to remember the EU ordered everyone to take on so many thousands of Angela’s guest from the med but Poland Hungary Bulgaria and a few others simply said it is against our culture or something and the EU in reality did nothing showing they understand with brexit on the table they know other countries aren’t far from throwing the towel in too
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2019, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by marmaduke ->
I seem to remember the EU ordered everyone to take on so many thousands of Angela’s guest from the med but Poland Hungary Bulgaria and a few others simply said it is against our culture or something and the EU in reality did nothing showing they understand with brexit on the table they know other countries aren’t far from throwing the towel in too
Merkel is paying them to go back home now.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2019, 07:01 PM

Merkel is paying them to go back home now.
Is she?
Why don't we then?!

Can you imagine the headlines if we spent money like this when the NHS is on its knees and we have homeless dying on the streets?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

08-02-2019, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Is she?
Why don't we then?!

Can you imagine the headlines if we spent money like this when the NHS is on its knees and we have homeless dying on the streets?
I know ... but it's true.

The immigrants that Merkel allowed in are being paid by the German tax payer to "go home".

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/785682...l-ad-campaign/
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2019, 11:24 AM

Here we go again...

Still don't get it do you?

These are matters for two sovereign nations to sort out and has nothing to do with the EU civil service i.e the Commission.

From the link it is obvious to anyone less bigoted than you that the temporary recall of the French Ambassador to Italy was due to the arrogant right wing Five Star movement started sticking their nose in to the domestic matters of another country.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

08-02-2019, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by itsme ->

Still don't get it do you?

These are matters for two sovereign nations to sort out and has nothing to do with the EU civil service i.e the Commission.

From the link it is obvious to anyone less bigoted than you that the temporary recall of the French Ambassador to Italy was due to the arrogant right wing Five Star movement started sticking their nose in to the domestic matters of another country.

Yeah ... when there is trouble in Euroland the EU does nothing. So you can't claim it keeps the peace can you.
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2019, 11:38 AM

Yeah ... when there is trouble in Euroland the EU does nothing. So you can't claim it keeps the peace can you.

THEY ARE TWO SOVEREIGN NATIONS. What part of that don't you understand?????
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2019, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by itsme ->
THEY ARE TWO SOVEREIGN NATIONS. What part of that don't you understand?????
I am old enough to have voted in the first Referendum about the EEC, in 1975

I voted out because I could envisage situations where the various governments and authorities would make the rules up as they went along, and pick & choose whet suited them -

Anything that suited - You must do that, you're in the EEC now

Anything they didn't like, or want to get involved in - Oh, that's nothing to do with us, you're an independent country you know

Looks like that's exactly what's happened

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top