Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2019, 11:04 AM

Where a no deal Brexit would hit hardest

According to Statista the results may surprise you ..

https://www.statista.com/chart/16996...a-hard-brexit/
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2019, 11:17 AM

Re: Where a no deal Brexit would hit hardest

Bring it on !!!

This report obviously can’t include the possible consumers in the uk /Europe no longer buying ‘goods’ after all the ill feeling that has been caused these past two years as I doubt I’m alone in already changing my shopping patterns were possible
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2019, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by marmaduke ->
Bring it on !!!

This report obviously can’t include the possible consumers in the uk /Europe no longer buying ‘goods’ after all the ill feeling that has been caused these past two years as I doubt I’m alone in already changing my shopping patterns were possible
A lot of people are doing that Marmaduke, we have been deliberately buying local produce and "made in UK" for about a year now. I also check the produce in Tesco and buy from products from outside the EU in preference to those from in it.

I even bought my Mini second hand - no money going to the Germans from me ha ha

The 27 can fck themselves.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2019, 12:42 PM

It would be interesting to save a copy of the report until after we leave [hopefully after a no deal brexit] and see if the forecast was correct. Nobody has been even close to predicting the future since the referendum, especially that knob from the Bank of England [Mark Carney].....

I am also looking to buy locally sourced produce, even if it means only eating seasonal fruit and veg. I may be replacing my Nissan Qashkai next year with another diesel one...Of course, If they remove all of the diesel trucks off the road by then I might consider a petrol or hybrid one. I doubt my 2 litre diesel makes the slightest difference to the future of the planet. I'm just off out to Aldi now and see if I can slash any Mecedes/BMW or Audi tyres without being spotted....
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

14-02-2019, 01:03 PM

Mark Carney is starting to realise he was wrong again.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2019, 02:01 PM

It has been noticable on other forums I frequent which have discussed BrExit extensively, that there have been a large number of aliases appearing that are Germans. They have posted endless propaganda about the damage that BrExit will do and done everything they possibly can to lie and cheat there way to swaying the opinions of the UK population.

Obvious to see why. They stand to lose $billions.

This has always been repeatedly put to them, but they brush it off with poker faced bravado saying, "Nah we don't need the UK, we're laughing whilst you spiral into oblivion"

Of course the savvy know they are cacking their pants.

Roll on BrExit and freedom!
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2019, 02:07 PM

Carney needs to keep his gob shut until he knows what he's talking about. How much is this idiot being paid? The same goes for Phillip Hammond with his continual anti-`Brexit` doom and gloom fear mongering.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

14-02-2019, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Carney needs to keep his gob shut until he knows what he's talking about. How much is this idiot being paid? The same goes for Phillip Hammond with his continual anti-`Brexit` doom and gloom fear mongering.
They are just grandstanding in front of their mates in the EU and Goldman Sachs.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2019, 04:10 PM

Before you boys all break out the elderflower wine, here's a chart from the same website showing 750k British jobs are predicted to be lost from a no deal Brexit 2.5% of the total :

https://www.statista.com/chart/16377...it-job-losses/
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2019, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->

The 27 can fck themselves.
... bit harsh isn't it?!

The EU bosses, our own representatives included, yes, but I wouldn't like any ill feeling reaching the other 500M of our innocent continental cousins.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top