Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2019, 11:32 PM

The Other Man's Lawn

Is always greener, well, it always was until it became Plastic, the final sign, real geezers have given up the ghost, they no longer need a mower to fight stuff out, how can they sleep at night, wondering if the lawn is recyclable ?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2019, 11:45 PM

Re: The Other Man's Lawn

More like, how can they sleep thinking they might have to wash it if animals urinate on it. It will pong a bit if they don’t!
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2019, 11:57 PM

There's a vast expanse of plastic in front of a house down our street.The dog loves it.It's her favourite comfort station.It's impossible to pick up all her poo as it sticks to the "grass".I know we could walk another way but she does it enjoy it so much
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2019, 12:06 AM

I wonder if they still use their ride on mowers but without the blades?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2019, 10:17 PM

I have heavy gravel replacing the front lawn, best thing I ever done, no cutting or watering and all the other stuff that goes with keeping a lawn, the rain keeps the stones clean, and when any weeds pop up I burn them away with my blowtorch.
Another bonus was when the odd dog wandered in they hated standing on the stones when trying to do their business, they always gave up and used the public path outside, then it’s the dog owners problem to dispose of it or risk a heavy fine, he/she is on camera anyway.
People were walking their dogs mostly at night and some not bothering to clean it up, others were putting it into plastic bags and flinging it into peoples gardens, we have a lot of dogs in my area and a few rotten apples were spoiling the barrel as they say, the whole street is on camera now and it's just about stopped the offenders, the cameras did the trick.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2019, 10:31 PM

There's a house with fake front lawn on the approach roads to our house. It looks ridiculous TBH. Just embarrassing.

In truth I'm not a great proponent of lawns any more. If you have kids then I get that its useful to have a garden lawn for them to muck about and play on. Otherwise . . . . well what is it good for?

We never use our lawn, we never stick a blanket and sit on it in summer, we never use it at all. Maybe some years ago we might have put a big gazebo up on it when we had a BBQ with friends in case it rained but haven't done that for a long time now.

Honestly, if I were not married, I would dig it up and put raised beds all over it and use it for fruit and veg growing. Other half likes neatness and simplicity though so no joy there.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2019, 10:46 PM

Spitty have you asked Jem?
He knows a turf accountant.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2019, 10:54 PM

Not till I stop betting on the Bay.
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2019, 11:01 PM

How do you fool a slug..... Ans lay a plastic lawn, works for snails also.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2019, 11:15 PM

Looking out of my back window, one man's grass is greener but on the other side, it's full of old toot.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top