Join for free
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2019, 07:28 AM

Donald Trump/Iran and the ME?

Oh, what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive!" (Sir Walter Scott, 1808).

I suppose you are all aware of what’s happening – Donald Trump has imposed drastic sanctions on Iran and has threatened to impose sanctions on all countries that continue to trade with them. However world politics are never as simple as Donalds mind!

China, Russia, Turkey, UAE , UK! and the UE countries will ignore Donald and continue trading.

And then there’s the recent Warsaw Summit that saw 10 Arab nations invited together with Israel and US. – [the rest of the world where excluded! ] Originally designed to focus on Iran and the assumed threat it imposes, it was changed after international murmurings to a broader emphasis on peace, stability and security in the Middle East! Nice move!

So there you have it if you didn’t know already; brought you uptodate with some of the shenanigans in the ME and Trumpville! Now all we need to do is sit back and wait and watch?

https://www.haaretz.com/us-news/.pre...iran-1.6932889

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/...deal-1.5456572

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/25/eu-r...sanctions.html

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-46092435
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2019, 09:51 AM

Re: Donald Trump/Iran and the ME?

They place sanctions on Iran, but they are stupid enough not to realise, that Iran will get the support from China, Russia and others.
They placed sanctions on Syria too but Syria got the backing from Russia and Iran, which has not been welcomed by the US and Israel.
US have lost their negotiating power and use bully boy tactics instead.
I believe the reason they have pulled out or are pulling out of Syria now, is due to the fact they don't want to get into another major conflict which could be brewing ,after they and their Israeli friends have upset the apple cart all over the Middle East and North Africa. They left Libya in a sate or turmoil (ISIS heaven) They haven't got the Syrian oil and gas they wanted, they haven't managed to stop Russia from exporting to Europe, they haven't managed to syphon off some of the Syrian land for Israel's new pipeline from the Med. and they've more or less come out looking defeated.
So now, they're off again to Venezuela . Different tactics being used.
Unfortunately, Israel have pushed their luck so far, and keep pushing, Syria Army now on the border of Golan heights, Iran have decided to throw a few threats back in Israel's direction if they continue to bomb their stations in Syria, and the poor Syrians continue to suffer through US sanctions. 8 yrs of war, flattened towns cities and countryside, food shortages, beheadings, torture, and all through no fault of their own ! How anyone can justify Israel's involvement in this Syrian war is beyond me. They cant be defended as Israel continued to arm the rebels for years , they are guilty just like the rest and wanted Assad out for the land and the gas.
So, Iran I believe will sit and wait their opportunity, because they know as well as anyone, that if they attack Israel, it's likely to be big.
I have no feeling for Iran, but if anyone keeps getting poked, eventually they retaliate. Bring China in, and the world will look a different place.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2019, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
They place sanctions on Iran, but they are stupid enough not to realise, that Iran will get the support from China, Russia and others.
They placed sanctions on Syria too but Syria got the backing from Russia and Iran, which has not been welcomed by the US and Israel.
US have lost their negotiating power and use bully boy tactics instead.
I believe the reason they have pulled out or are pulling out of Syria now, is due to the fact they don't want to get into another major conflict which could be brewing ,after they and their Israeli friends have upset the apple cart all over the Middle East and North Africa. They left Libya in a sate or turmoil (ISIS heaven) They haven't got the Syrian oil and gas they wanted, they haven't managed to stop Russia from exporting to Europe, they haven't managed to syphon off some of the Syrian land for Israel's new pipeline from the Med. and they've more or less come out looking defeated.
So now, they're off again to Venezuela . Different tactics being used.
Unfortunately, Israel have pushed their luck so far, and keep pushing, Syria Army now on the border of Golan heights, Iran have decided to throw a few threats back in Israel's direction if they continue to bomb their stations in Syria, and the poor Syrians continue to suffer through US sanctions. 8 yrs of war, flattened towns cities and countryside, food shortages, beheadings, torture, and all through no fault of their own ! How anyone can justify Israel's involvement in this Syrian war is beyond me. They cant be defended as Israel continued to arm the rebels for years , they are guilty just like the rest and wanted Assad out for the land and the gas.
So, Iran I believe will sit and wait their opportunity, because they know as well as anyone, that if they attack Israel, it's likely to be big.
I have no feeling for Iran, but if anyone keeps getting poked, eventually they retaliate. Bring China in, and the world will look a different place.

And in the meantime, Iran will continue to develop its nuclear programme - I wonder where they will test their nuclear bombs???
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2019, 11:35 AM

Nuclear threat is a myth.

There is no missile cabable of being flown towards the USA without the USA being able to destroy it well before it gets anywhere near. That's been the case for years. It one of the reasons for all the HAARP arrays that are now stationed all over the globe.

The only possible nuclear bomb would be one that was constructed in the USA itself or somehow smuggled in and that is surely next to impossible.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2019, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Nuclear threat is a myth.

There is no missile cabable of being flown towards the USA without the USA being able to destroy it well before it gets anywhere near. That's been the case for years. It one of the reasons for all the HAARP arrays that are now stationed all over the globe.

The only possible nuclear bomb would be one that was constructed in the USA itself or somehow smuggled in and that is surely next to impossible.

Knickers in a twist again - whover said anything about a nuclear attack on the US - paranoia rules in your head apparently.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2019, 11:41 AM

wasn't there a mention of little nuclear missiles aimed at Israel?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

15-02-2019, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
wasn't there a mention of little nuclear missiles aimed at Israel?

Whilst Israel is supported by the US, Israel is not the 51st state of the US.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

15-02-2019, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Whilst Israel is supported by the US, Israel is not the 51st state of the US.
exactly! - independent nukes!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top