Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2019, 08:02 PM

Re: Kids strike day

Originally Posted by marmaduke ->
Great result , I’m presuming tomorrow global warming will cease thanks to these little darlings bless em for saving the world
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2019, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Going on strike is utterly wrong, no one gains in the end

You have utterly & dismally missed the point & you are not alone.

We hear so often the great & good, captains & kings piously spouting forth how we must save the planet for our children and grandchildren.

The children have obviously seen through the Kings New Clothes & are calling for action NOW.
I applaud them.

THey are tomorrows guardians.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2019, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->

We hear so often the great & good, captains & kings piously spouting forth how we must save the planet for our children and grandchildren.

The children have obviously seen through the Kings New Clothes & are calling for action NOW.
I applaud them.

or grauniads.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2019, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I have always believed a 'strike' to be the weapon of the inarticulate.
Violence is the last resort of an exhausted mind. An inarticulate mind? An uneducated mind?

I don't get your linking weapon with inarticulate. It doesnt compute.

soz
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2019, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by marmaduke ->
Great result , I’m presuming tomorrow global warming will cease thanks to these little darlings bless em for saving the world [

I applaud them.

They are tomorrows guardians.
They might just have to save the world one day!
And they're savvy enough to know it.

How much did we know about the planet and its mysteries, not to mention the total incompetence of its elected governors, at that age?
Diddly Squat.
I admire them.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2019, 09:24 PM

Violence is the last resort of an exhausted mind. An inarticulate mind? An uneducated mind?

I don't get your linking weapon with inarticulate. It doesnt compute.

soz
Perhaps 'resort' would have been a better choice. Thank you, RJ, for correcting my syntax. In return - am I allowed to mention your missing apostrophe?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2019, 11:10 PM

What a load of total bullocks!
I can not believe that some posters on here would even consider a school age child would be sensible enough, experienced enough, and adult enough to make decisions about their own future let alone the future of the planet.....It's just ridiculous and a brainwashing exercise. God help them when they are actually employed.......Get them while they are young and at their most impressionable......Madness!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2019, 11:16 PM

I applaud them.

They are protesting to the wrong people
They should be aiming at the USA who won't ban coal power plants and China who are even worse

China i know from personal experience as an internal flight we went on was delayed by an hour due to smog produced from their coal burning power plants.

I do wish people would look beyond our shores to see the worst polluting countries first
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2019, 11:29 PM

Their intentions are admirable but they are just parroting what they have been fed by their teachers. The UK could revert to the dark ages tomorrow and the world would scarcely notice, we would however. (Brexit opportunity there).
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2019, 11:43 PM

All this destructive stuff has cossetted these little fellows thus far, as long as they realise that.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top