Join for free
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2009, 08:09 AM

Windows 7

It's released, an IT expert on news24 gave a demo and it's very lappy orientated IMO, it's touch-screen technology so you move your finger over the screen like a lappy mouse pad, (you can still use a mouse) to me it's gimmiky in this respect, who wants to drag their finger over a nice clean monitor screen, lets hope it does'nt have all the glitches that Vista had, Vista could'nt even operate some printers.

I never buy new operating systems when first released, I always wait for at least a year before I take the plunge, this gives them time to iron out all the bugs.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2009, 08:57 AM

Re: Windows 7

I wouldn't fancy dragging a finger over the screen all the time

I think I'll stick with my Mac!
buzzie
USA
buzzie is female  buzzie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2009, 01:31 PM

It doesn't come availabe here until tomorrow. People with Vista will really welcome it since they are pulling their hair out. I have XP and am happy with what I have.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2009, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by buzzie ->
It doesn't come availabe here until tomorrow. People with Vista will really welcome it since they are pulling their hair out. I have XP and am happy with what I have.
So am I Buzzie, they can keep it 'till it's been sorted out.
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2009, 07:48 PM

Thats the first thing I thought, it would get a very greasy screen. My other compuer is XP.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2009, 11:27 PM

Don't you need to get a touch screen to get the touch screen stuff to work?

I don't know what the BBC went on about all that when hardly anyone has got one or will get one!
zenkarman
New Member!
zenkarman
zenkarman is male 

22-06-2010, 11:46 AM

Windows 7 is devloped by Microsoft.The best feature of windows 7 is it have Virtual Technology. Moreover its installation of windows 7 is faster compare to windows xp. Windows 7 delete all restore points when system is reboot. The drawback of Windows 7 is less stable than linux,expensive.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top