Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2019, 10:21 PM

An Enlightened Brexiteer.

Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2019, 11:14 PM

Re: An Enlightened Brexiteer.

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->

The same arguments as in use in 2014. I'll debunk just a few. Translated from dutch, but you get the drift.

The European administration is top heavy, officials earn a lot

Of the European budget, 94 percent goes to projects (see above) and 6 percent goes to internal administration. Of that 6 percent, expenses, buildings, salaries and pensions are paid. This makes the EU super slim in spite of Indian stories. The European Commission, the day-to-day administration of the EU, has 32,000 permanent employees, including hundreds of interpreters and translators. 120,000 people work at Dutch ministries. Moreover, since 2004, the Commission has had a staff stoppage, replacing only departers. Between now and 2020, 5 percent must go. European civil service salaries are high by Dutch (public) standards, partly due to the low tax rates for EU employees. But by Scandinavian or Italian standards they are not. In order to get the best people from the Member States to come to Brussels, those salaries were deliberately rated high at the time: an EU administration with poorly paid, unmotivated bruises from only poor countries no one seemed a good idea. Since the expansion with ten countries in 2004, newcomers are rated lower than in the past - which means that a Pole earns one-third less than his Dutch colleague, who does the same but came in a few months earlier. European salaries are linked to increases (or reductions) of national officials in 8 Member States. During the crisis, this link was released: European officials surrendered more than national officials. Rightly or not, the consequence is that the Commission has great difficulty recruiting Danes and their neighbors.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2019, 11:20 PM

I can't be bothered to read your tirade Solly but the big mystery continues to be why it's so important to you
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2019, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
I can't be bothered to read your tirade Solly but the big mystery continues to be why it's so important to you
I long since have found out you are not bothered by facts. If don't use it to your benefit, others will. So thanks for your giving the opportunity to give these facts.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2019, 11:45 PM

Not only but also, Corbyn's plan to delay Brexit for a further 3 months will cost the British Taxpayer a further £3 billion !
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2019, 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
That's simple. When we leave, his country and others (though perhaps not the poorer ones) will have to make up the shortfall when their cash cow stops paying through the nose.

Actually, it will be interesting to see how the EU masters decide to apportion the increased 'contributions'. I suspect that France will have some sort of allowance similar to their Common Agricultural Policy!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2019, 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Not only but also, Corbyn's plan to delay Brexit for a further 3 months will cost the British Taxpayer a further £3 billion !
That's a drop in the ocean compared with what it's costing us to implement Brexit. The opportunity cost alone must be staggering. Years of missing out on what should have been extraordinary growth. It's a bit like the country has had a breakdown. Everything is neglected, uncared for.

Looking at Boris on his walkabout and speech today I fear for his mental health. He's not strong enough to cope with the stress.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2019, 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
That's simple. When we leave, his country and others (though perhaps not the poorer ones) will have to make up the shortfall when their cash cow stops paying through the nose.

Actually, it will be interesting to see how the EU masters decide to apportion the increased 'contributions'. I suspect that France will have some sort of allowance similar to their Common Agricultural Policy!
That is cutting off your nose to spite your face for us. We need them as much as they need us.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2019, 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
The same arguments as in use in 2014. I'll debunk just a few. Translated from dutch, but you get the drift.

The European administration is top heavy, officials earn a lot

Of the European budget, 94 percent goes to projects (see above) and 6 percent goes to internal administration. Of that 6 percent, expenses, buildings, salaries and pensions are paid. This makes the EU super slim in spite of Indian stories. The European Commission, the day-to-day administration of the EU, has 32,000 permanent employees, including hundreds of interpreters and translators. 120,000 people work at Dutch ministries. Moreover, since 2004, the Commission has had a staff stoppage, replacing only departers. Between now and 2020, 5 percent must go. European civil service salaries are high by Dutch (public) standards, partly due to the low tax rates for EU employees. But by Scandinavian or Italian standards they are not. In order to get the best people from the Member States to come to Brussels, those salaries were deliberately rated high at the time: an EU administration with poorly paid, unmotivated bruises from only poor countries no one seemed a good idea. Since the expansion with ten countries in 2004, newcomers are rated lower than in the past - which means that a Pole earns one-third less than his Dutch colleague, who does the same but came in a few months earlier. European salaries are linked to increases (or reductions) of national officials in 8 Member States. During the crisis, this link was released: European officials surrendered more than national officials. Rightly or not, the consequence is that the Commission has great difficulty recruiting Danes and their neighbors.
Solasch , you have a huge amount of information at your little fingertips every time . Amazing how you know all of this stuff ! Can I ask if you are being paid for this work you do on OFF ? One of the EU Officials or one of the unelected Brussels mob maybe ? I think so..
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

06-09-2019, 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Solasch , you have a huge amount of information at your little fingertips every time . Amazing how you know all of this stuff ! Can I ask if you are being paid for this work you do on OFF ? One of the EU Officials or one of the unelected Brussels mob maybe ? I think so..
With the world wide web at my fingertips it is hardly a few minutes tofind the information. Therefore I'm surprised brexiters don't comeup with. Could it be they don't dare to look at the truth?

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top