Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2019, 09:43 PM

The minute the UK is out, America is in

Nice

Pence Assures British PM There Will Be A U.S.-U.K. Trade Deal After Brexit

https://dailycaller.com/2019/09/07/p...-after-brexit/

"Vice President Mike Pence assured British Prime Minister Boris Johnson that the United States will step in to pursue a trade deal once Britain exits the European Union (EU) during his visit to the U.K.

“Our message is clear: The minute the U.K. is out, America is in.” Vice President Mike Pence said while addressing Johnson, according to the Associated Press."
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2019, 10:58 PM

Re: The minute the UK is out, America is in

Mike Pence was meeting up with the Irish PM yesterday. I wonder what that would be about ?
Reality1
Scotland
Reality1 is male  Reality1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2019, 09:22 AM

So instead of proven food and drugs from our established EU suppliers we will get unregulated crap from suppliers in USA having to be shipped across the Atlantic and do you seriously think we can get any sort of deal with Russian puppet Trump.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2019, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by Reality1 ->
So instead of proven food and drugs from our established EU suppliers we will get unregulated crap from suppliers in USA having to be shipped across the Atlantic and do you seriously think we can get any sort of deal with Russian puppet Trump.

Your not going to be forced to buy it.

Buy something else instead !
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2019, 09:29 AM

Hi

I will repeat what I have previously posted.

Trump is not in a position to guarantee anything.

Any deal has to be approved by Congress.

Trump does not have a majority in Congress.

Not only the Democrat Majority in Congress have stated that they will block any Trade Deal until the Irish Backstop issue has been resolved to the satisfaction of Ireland, but also some of his Republicans have said the same.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2019, 10:18 AM

Exactly. Like vultures swooping in for the kill. I can just imagine the wonderful US pharma industry taking over the UK markets. Never mind taking apart the NHS and turning it into the ineffective insurance-driven US model. At least presently there are rules to stop just any old Joe entering the market here.

I thought someone here recently said that Congress would not allow Trump to make a deal with the UK.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2019, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I will repeat what I have previously posted.

Trump is not in a position to guarantee anything.

Any deal has to be approved by Congress.

Trump does not have a majority in Congress.

Not only the Democrat Majority in Congress have stated that they will block any Trade Deal until the Irish Backstop issue has been resolved to the satisfaction of Ireland, but also some of his Republicans have said the same.

Sorry did not read this before posting. But I read this elsewhere here too. Seems it will take years to get anywhere. I'm expecting us to end up with a BRINO and not a great deal changing over the next few years.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2019, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Sorry did not read this before posting. But I read this elsewhere here too. Seems it will take years to get anywhere. I'm expecting us to end up with a BRINO and not a great deal changing over the next few years.
Asked on this boris said a uk-us deal would take longer than a year to close, but it should be possible within five.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...deliver-brexit
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2019, 02:23 PM

Now you mention russia, come to think of it, the UK does well trading with russia it seems.https://www.rt.com/business/444892-r...-trade-growth/
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2019, 07:43 PM

I keep saying it but if they send carp just don't buy it. I can't see why anyone worries unless they cannot resist buying things they know are rubbish. They are the only people should be worried.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top