Join for free
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2016, 12:32 PM

Boris Johnson out of Conservative leadership contest

As predicated - he hasn't got the guts because he knows how it'll end.

Thank gawd tho - he is useless!

Boris Johnson has announced that he won't be running in the Conservative leadership contest to become prime minister.

He said: "Having consulted colleagues and in view of the circumstances of Parliament I have concluded that person cannot be me."
His speech: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36674275
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2016, 12:35 PM

Re: Boris Johnson out of Conservative leadership contest

He's being honest I thought sometimes picking your battles is best.
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2016, 12:40 PM

What a waste of a good debating opportunity by those 3 women who made it a personal attack on Johnson and his ambitions.
Perhaps more sensible debate would have helped their cause.
Baxter8
Somerset
Baxter8 is female  Baxter8 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2016, 01:18 PM

Boris Johnson is both a master strategist and a coward. He didn't expect the "out" to win and now they have he doesn't have a clue how to steer the sinking ship that he himself has created AND keep his hoodwinked supporters happy. He has back-tracked on so many things he has become one big joke.

Boris knew he was sunk the moment the EU suggested that any relationship with the EU going forward would involve free movement of people (which is inevitable) he claimed that the "out" campaign was never about immigration/free movement of people.

Well played Boris, hopefully you've forever created your own downfall .
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2016, 01:24 PM

I guess he discussed it with his house master-Eton and all that.
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2016, 01:43 PM

Andrea Leadsome has just announced she is running. I do believe an outer should be a contender
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2016, 01:45 PM

Perhaps Boris was was sick of taking all the crap from the Remain campaign along with Nigel Farage while others took shelter hiding behind them. Then when the vote was won they emerged to claim the credit and the glory.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2016, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Rainmaker ->
Perhaps Boris was was sick of taking all the crap from the Remain campaign along with Nigel Farage while others took shelter hiding behind them. Then when the vote was won they emerged to claim the credit and the glory.
Good point there have been some disgusting things said in this campaign about them both.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2016, 02:26 PM

I am not surprised that Boris is out, I had the feeling he would be when Gove announced that he will stand. If Labour and Tories don't make the right choice for leader they well both suffer, because Farage is winning popularity all the time. The next general election will be a very important one, because whoever wins will need to be in favour of the vote to leave but also be able to negotiate good trading deals with the EU and the rest of the world.
If they can show the world that Britain can be better outside the EU, I think they may win the respect of the British and many other EU countries ........ but they will have to work hard and show the British public that they are not the masters but the public's servants
Caro
At Home In The UK
Caro is female  Caro has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2016, 02:34 PM

In agreement with your post Twink55...

Although I was surprised/shocked Boris has stepped down...

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top