Join for free
Page 2 of 19 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2016, 02:34 PM

Re: Boris Johnson out of Conservative leadership contest

I'm puzzled at gove I thought he was a very honest man about his lack of that something special a pm needs, several times he has said he wasn't up to the job so why is he now so special ?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2016, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I'm puzzled at gove I thought he was a very honest man about his lack of that something special a pm needs, several times he has said he wasn't up to the job so why is he now so special ?
I could be wrong but I think that Gove and Boris have realized that Boris would not win the votes. Gove was going to assist Boris's attempt ( probably with a potential offer of a good cabinet position) but I don't really think Boris was going to win so maybe they have reversed positions and Boris will get a top cabinet position if Gove wins. Believe me, no politician does anything unless he/she has something to gain personally.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2016, 02:46 PM

Because he's a member of the 'nasty party' - nuff said???
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2016, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I could be wrong but I think that Gove and Boris have realized that Boris would not win the votes. Gove was going to assist Boris's attempt ( probably with a potential offer of a good cabinet position) but I don't really think Boris was going to win so maybe they have reversed positions and Boris will get a top cabinet position if Gove wins. Believe me, no politician does anything unless he/she has something to gain personally.
You may be right sad isn't it they have learned nothing from the referendum it seems.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2016, 02:53 PM

You may be right sad isn't it they have learned nothing from the referendum it seems.
No maybe about it Julie, Twink is spot on there
graculus
Yorkshire
graculus is male  graculus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2016, 03:01 PM

The thing about Gove is that's he's anything but honest, he's cunning, calculating and manipulating. The only person he takes any notice of is himself (well probably Murdoch and his wife as well). His comments about not wanting the top job were a manifestation of his Gollum- like guile.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2016, 03:01 PM

First off I think Boris Speech was a good one ,
And Im sure most of us knew he wouldnt be among the runners once Gove said he was .
Boris has took a lot of the shit from the remain party ,but he stood for what the majority of the voters wanted .
Edited.
graculus
Yorkshire
graculus is male  graculus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2016, 03:02 PM

Of course they haven't and they never intended to anyway.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2016, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
That's not the impression I get Twink . It's all about the leaked email from Goves wife and Gove demanding certain assurances from Boris which he didn't get.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...ris-johnson-f/

I doubt very much Boris would be in any Gove cabinet, I understand there is much bitterness between them now.

All these goings on in Parliment are like some greek drama, You couldn't make it up as they say.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2016, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by graculus ->
The thing about Gove is that's he's anything but honest, he's cunning, calculating and manipulating. The only person he takes any notice of is himself (well probably Murdoch and his wife as well). His comments about not wanting the top job were a manifestation of his Gollum- like guile.
Agree completely Graculus - and nobody will convince me that the e-mail his wife sent was not deliberately leaked either. All part of the strategy. Gove is nothing but a traitor and I can't believe that at the 11th hour he had just made his mind up to stand for leadership.

Page 2 of 19 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top