Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2016, 08:53 PM

Re: So here we are....

Not sure if this is correct but after trying to find something behind this letter I came across. Still useless at giving links but below is the heading in the address bar if any help?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...riticism-of-EU

don't know why not showing but it should read /worldnews/1325398/Euro-Court-outlaws-criticism-of-EU
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2016, 09:02 PM

C'est ici:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...ism-of-EU.html
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2016, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
You clearly haven't been following the movement of sterling, which is significantly down in value. For some of us that means less pension.
It's early days yet.
The government/establishment were ALWAYS going to find convenient excuses to wipe the pensions crisis away, I predicted this ages ago saying they would do it in a way that the Sheeple would all swallow, e.g. Oh dear it's a financial crisis but it can't be helped and we're all suffering in it together.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2016, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
The government/establishment were ALWAYS going to find convenient excuses to wipe the pensions crisis away, I predicted this ages ago saying they would do it in a way that the Sheeple would all swallow, e.g. Oh dear it's a financial crisis but it can't be helped and we're all suffering in it together.
That's got nothing to do with pensions being of less value because they are paid in a non-sterling currency...
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2016, 09:52 PM

Hi

Less of the Franglais JBR, until we are out English remains the official language of the EU.

I am multilingual myself, fluent in some, key phrases in others.

I can say please do not shoot me in ten languages and you are very beautiful, please take off your clothes in fourteen languages
All a man needs to know really.

Polish and Ukrainian in a broad Yorkshire accent is not the best.

I do my best, not helped by the fact that my Polish teacher is a six year old girl.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2016, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by graculus ->
Is this serious or a just a wind-up? Is there a reliable source for it?
Sadly it is very true. The youngsters of this world, and seemingly plenty of older people have zero idea what laws and regulations have been created and ratified behind their backs in the EU.

Start by reading the Lisbon Treaty and understand how EU laws supersede UK laws, also look up the Enabling Act, something that Hitler was involved in.

Short story is that if the EU had their way, the concept of sovereignty and a nation having control of its own country would disappear. The concept of Westminster and UK Parliament would also disappear, they being replaced totally by the EU Parliament which would rule all countries in the EU. So no more MPs and equally no more political parties. There would be no Labour, Conservative, Liberals. There would be no more General Elections.

Honestly people are utterly clueless about where we were headed.

Worse still, the UK Court and justice system would be replaced by the EU Court Of Justice which would rule every country. This entity DOES NOT subscribe to Habeus Corpus, or what we tend to call "Innocent until proved guilty". The EU was intending to establish Corpus Juris, which sees someone as guilty initially and has the power to lock them up indefinitely. This whole aspect is seriously frightening because it is a major step towards a totalitarian dictatorship al la 1984.

The population of Britain would have had no vote any more. No political parties, no General Elections thus no democracy.
Britain would be represented by the designated MEPs who themselves have a tiny amount of influence in a huge superstate.

The final nail in the coffin would have been that once established, the EU Treaties/Laws state that we may not oppose the EU. We MUST abide by it's decisions and support it's aims.

All of this I highlighted in the thread entitled "Lisbon Treaty 7 Deadly Clauses" which lists the specific Articles involved, see here:

http://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=35845
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2016, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Less of the Franglais JBR
My favourite bit of 'Franglais', that my mates and I used to use in certain circumstances (which I'll explain later) is:

"Un morceau de tout droit".

Can you translate?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2016, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
My favourite bit of 'Franglais', that my mates and I used to use in certain circumstances (which I'll explain later) is:

"Un morceau de tout droit".

Can you translate?
Looks like a bit of alright to me, JBR
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

01-07-2016, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Short story is that if the EU had their way, the concept of sovereignty and a nation having control of its own country would disappear. The concept of Westminster and UK Parliament would also disappear, they being replaced totally by the EU Parliament which would rule all countries in the EU. So no more MPs and equally no more political parties. There would be no Labour, Conservative, Liberals. There would be no more General Elections.
Yes, that ties in with what some female celebrity (can't remember) said before the referendum results were made known:

"If we vote to remain in the EU, I for one shall not bother to vote in any general election again."

And I can see her logic.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

01-07-2016, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Looks like a bit of alright to me, JBR
Exactly. A French speaker would say that it makes absolutely no sense at all, but that's what we found amusing. A literal, word for word translation would be:

"A - little bit - of - all - right."

It's what we used to say to each other when we saw a tempting bit of skirt. (She's a bit of alright!)

Then there was:

"Dans votre bicyclette!"

Which, to us, was the expression: "On yer bike!"

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top