Join for free
Page 3 of 21 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2016, 10:28 AM

Re: Brexit: Do you feel lied to?

The vote has taken place, the result is in.
All of the bleating is now just tedious and counter productive.
I am now beginning to question the motives of those who post these threads.
If you get your way and it all goes badly wrong, will gloating alleviate the fact that you will be as deeply in the shit as everyone else?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2016, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by Tregonsee ->
The vote has taken place, the result is in.
All of the bleating is now just tedious and counter productive.
I am now beginning to question the motives of those who post these threads.
If you get your way and it all goes badly wrong, will gloating alleviate the fact that you will be as deeply in the shit as everyone else?
Hi

You make a very valid point.

We are all in this together, however we are reliant upon our politicians to get us a good deal and address the issues raised whilst at the same time keeping any costs to the economy to a minimum.

That is what we pay them for.

Unfortunately it is business as normal for them, more interested in fighting amongst themselves rather than putting their differences aside to do the best for the UK.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2016, 11:45 AM

"Many in the country feeling betrayed and lied to - do you feel the same?"

Yes. We were told that the EEC would be for trading in Europe.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2016, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Lies don't matter, if your choice is the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea.
You have it wrong. It should be: "Caught between the devil and the deep blue twats".

MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2016, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
The more serious issue is how did we ever arrive in this dire position?

It was Gordon Brown who ushered through the Treaty without giving the people a choice, without giving them a referendum. Lots of people demanded one, and plenty of MPs demanded one, but Brown ignored them.

Without our knowledge, without any attempt to inform us, educate us and make us properly aware of what he was about to do and how it would affect us for the rest of our lives, he pushed ahead with the Treaty. This was the travesty. In that act he banished sovereignty, he banished the UK parliament and Westminster, he banished the Labour, Liberal and Conservative parties, General Elections and ultimately banished democracy itself. Had we stayed in the EU, all of those things would have disappeared . . . forever . . . with no chance of ever restoring them.

As a population we have to ask, how could a fat politician or PM ever wield such power to dictate such monumental changes to the country without a public vote? That situation HAS to be changed and done so immediately and those that have done this to the UK should be brought to trial and possibly tried for treason.
Yes indeed. When you consider that politicians who have involvement in the EU have been leading a double life - what can be seen as good for the EU could be bad for the nation they represent so what do they preach to their own voters but lies and deceit? As you say Gordon Brown was hell bent on getting the Treaty through so used the anonymity that the EU affords to get his way. This highlights what is wrong with the EU in that they operate behind closed doors with an agenda that so far has escaped public scrutiny. Only now has the smoke screen cleared a little. And why has the smoke cleared a little? Because of all the unrest throughout the Europe - brought on by the EU experiment - and an experiment it is with regard to the humanitarians in the EU, with us as the guinea pigs, but to the others seeking power in the EU, it is the steps needed to create a Super State, with them, or their cronies, at the helm.

Thank goodness we are out and now lets bleeding stay away as far as possible from it's clutches. Let it break up entirely and something less take it's place - a lot less at that.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2016, 12:24 PM

Not so much lied to as pre-referendum I was starting to feel hacked off with the scaremongering and political infighting.

Post-referendum seems to be no better.
Not unlike an ordinary General election with magnificent mouth watering Manifesto promises I think most members of the public tried to keep to the believable and discarded a lot of the more obvious fairy tales and horror stories.

I doubt many woke up on Friday 24th, heard we were leaving and unrealistically expected the UK to have morphed into an obscenely wealthy land of milk and honey overnight.

There will be a price to pay for leaving the EU which the disgruntled Remain are harping on about.
Some nifty damage limitation will be needed by a strong leader (I think I just found the flaw in the plan).
We should be hauling together as a nation now, not a fragmented bunch of half-happy's and half-miserables.

It's done. Longterm the UK will be better for it .. if only because we're still strong enough to leave now.
We got out before it was too late to leave.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2016, 02:53 PM

Hi

There is a large protest against Brexit in London today.

The Country is split, no doubt about it.

The Brexiteers, some of them, are gloating.

This does not help.

Things people say do come back to haunt them.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entr...b08d2c56393f12

I bet the ever ambitious Boris is ruing the day he changed his mind and joined the Brexit campaign.

If he had joined the Remain Campaign and Remain had won he would have been almost certain of becoming PM within 3 years when Cameron stood down.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2016, 03:03 PM

Bah ... more moaners and whingers.
I wish I could deport the lot of them.
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2016, 03:08 PM

My last post on these rather tedious E U threads whereby your own politicians are saying get on with it. Why are you 're hashing this over and over again.

However what small memories we have regarding E U funding especially for Wales. Millions of pounds spent on the restructure of communities especially the valleys. The monies for the A470 the main artery for the valleys and beyond.

Monies for funding of clinical trials for research into disease such as cancers and stem cell research and run clinical trials. I could go on.

All from E U funding. Nobody complained then about faceless bureaucrats in Brusel then.

Oh by the way my job before I retired was negotiating funding from Brussels for clinical research projects run in the largest hospital in Wales.

There was a fairly decent Question Time last week when one of the remain MP' s made some semblance of sense. She is appalled at both sides bitterness and hostility towards each other. Families, friend falling out. The bitter tirade from social media behind the safety of keyboards.

For goodness sake for us all. Just get on with it. The sooner you stabilise both shadow and leadership contest you can start the laborious process of leaving.

I certainly have read enough. Although my Southern Irsh friend did make a rather amusing comment at lunch. Quite frankly she couldn't give a feck Bravo.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

02-07-2016, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Bah ... more moaners and whingers.
I wish I could deport the lot of them.
Hi

What, all 16 million of them?

Well that would solve the housing problem.

Page 3 of 21 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top