Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2016, 02:12 PM

Re: Referendum to blame for ill feeling towards immigrants?

Originally Posted by Goldielocks ->
Well I was actually going to post a comment but decided against. Not a fair representation of forum views as mostly voted leave. Therefore creating a biased swerve. Not democratic in my opinion
Eh? Not sure I follow?
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2016, 02:43 PM

No point Julie. Thanks though. Does get a bit tiresome
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2016, 05:06 PM

I hate the remaniacs trying to alter a democratic vote traitors all.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2016, 05:35 PM

"All animals are equal but some are more equal than others" he was right you know.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2016, 08:30 PM

You lot have lost the plot. I have no idea what you are on about?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2016, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
You lot have lost the plot. I have no idea what you are on about?
Lol it's nice here you should try it, slightly off topic in a state where no one knows what anyone else is talking about
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

12-07-2016, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Lol it's nice here you should try it, slightly off topic in a state where no one knows what anyone else is talking about
My posts are too advanced I think. They are 'esoteric' by the looks of it. Becoming an art form more than anything else.

To be a legend (or leg-end some would say) in your own lifetime takes some doing, but I might well have managed it .
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2016, 09:06 PM

Referendum was NOT about immigration. That's a white wash bit of propaganda being pumped out by the media (esp BBC).

Immigration has been an issue for years and has had the negative effect of pushing down basic wages and other problems.

The constant linking of the referendum result with immigration is wrong, it's a cop out, a cover up and is being done by people with an agenda.

Referendum was about saying no to Brussels. Saying no to giving up our sovereignty, saying no to giving up our justice system, our laws and regulations and to the overall corruption of a minority elite seeking more power and wealth. Not immigration.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2016, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
The feelings were already here, just no one felt free to speak, I'm not a big fan of free speech for all for just that reason.

Eu is to blame for a lot of it as are our governments they have made much of assimilating other cultures but have not given any dignity to being different or to being English, you can be Welsh, Scottish, European but not English a lot of us feel.
Well said Julie, it is not racist to be proud to be English but for years now successive British governments have indeed made us feel exactly that,starting first with Blair then Brown then Cameron.
Whist Scotland, Ireland and Wales needed no encouragement to rightly and proudly display their national Flags at every opportunity, the English were blatantly accused of racist overtones the moment we displayed our flag of St. George.

Those who would call us racist were not ever going to see beyond their sanctimonious noses that the complaint over immigration was simply about space not race.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

12-07-2016, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Referendum was NOT about immigration. That's a white wash bit of propaganda being pumped out by the media (esp BBC).

Immigration has been an issue for years and has had the negative effect of pushing down basic wages and other problems.

The constant linking of the referendum result with immigration is wrong, it's a cop out, a cover up and is being done by people with an agenda.

Referendum was about saying no to Brussels. Saying no to giving up our sovereignty, saying no to giving up our justice system, our laws and regulations and to the overall corruption of a minority elite seeking more power and wealth. Not immigration.
But according to all the diehard EU remainers it was - and I kinda agree with them. What is pushing the anti EU buttons all across Europe is immigration. 'Immigration' has many connotations and reverberations - from the host country's residents suffering from a lack of identity to overwhelmed social services to a drain on the economy. What will shape Europe and play hell with the EU's vision of the future is immigration and nothing else. If they can contain the unrest related to immigration they will be on a home run. It is only the problems associated with immigration that will bring them to their knees.

When you think about it it all boils down to immigration - right across Europe. Nothing else comes close to it. Every argument regarding leaving the EU is intrinsically linked to immigration. Therefore 'immigration' is the sole problem with regard to the voters across all of Europe. There isn't any other other concern that can generate such social unrest. It will be immigration and only immigration that will ultimately change the EU. Immigration supplies a tangible enemy that people can vent their spleen on. All the rest of the concerns are as nothing compared to it.

Can't control immigration = can't do so because of the EU.

The above will be the defining thought that will ultimately destroy the EU in my opinion.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top