Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2016, 08:58 AM

Re: Sign The Petition

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
I would but the plasterer would kill me.
and the inner wall might collapse?
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2016, 10:45 AM

What an outrage !!

Theresa May has as good as given that wannabe Prime Minister of Scotland pygmy, Nicola Sturgeon, a veto on Brexit from the EU by stating that she would not trigger the formal exit process until she has formed "A UK Approach" with Scotland, Ireland and Wales. WHAT!!!

Is she having a laugh?

The moment she opened her mouth during her first speech as Prime Minister outside number 10 and said that the Union was the most important thing to her I had my first niggling worry. Then her first official visit was to see Nicola, not a good sign...... then we had the news that she would not invoke article 50 until next year??? is that code for kick into the long grass??.

Excuse me, but did not the people of the UK vote in a government referendum and the decision by the majority (more than that which put the Tories back into government!)was to come out of the EU. What the hell don't either of them understand about that?

Delay this at your peril Theresa, the British people have had enough of being lied to and manipulated by those who suck up to Nicola and the SNP because of their threats and who don't give a toss about democratic rights in all other regions of this country as long as they get what they want in their own little fifedom. even though they have no entitlement to it at all.

The honeymoon will soon be over if Theresa is BS the majority of people who voted to leave the EU by delaying it for several years to appease the SNP and the Remainers.

We want no more words from her stating that her words to Nicola were misconstrued. Only bygiving us a date for instigating Article 50 will we believe that once again we are not being lied to by every government put into office in this country.

I am so angry !!!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2016, 10:52 AM

Good post,
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2016, 11:33 AM

I think, not that my opinion matters as I voted to stay, but, sod it...
...if we rush into things we'll regret it, if we do things carefully and take more time other countries may decide to hold referendums of their own which may just help our negotiations if the EU think they won't get away with offering us rubbish.
Just a thought...
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2016, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I must admit that I just do not get this, maybe I am being thick.

The object of the exercise is to get us out, at the minimum possible cost to our economy on the best possible terms for us.

This requires a clear plan and the resources in place to do this.

We have neither, there was absolutely no plan for leaving and no resources at all in place in case we did vote to leave.

The Brexit people still cannot agree what they want from leaving, some want EFTA, some do not.

UKIP have completely different ideas to some Conservatives.

It all needs to be sorted out before we press the button.

There is absolutely no point in shooting ourselves in the foot.
The day you think you're thick .. I feel like two very dense short planks.

Whilst on the one hand I can see the need to get organised and present a sensible Brexit plan before Article 50 is enacted .. I'm seriously beginning to think it's a stitch up.

No wonder Cameron resigned. He'll be remembered as the PM in office when we voted for Brexit .. and I suspect he knows the British people aren't going to get anything like what they think they're going to get ... so he disassociated himself from it.

I'm going off May. She might be a great diplomatic negotiator and look like everyone's favourite benevolent granny but she seems to lack the spirited backbone, self-determination and decisiveness to take charge or even project the aura of a true leader.
May dashing up to Scotland to reassure Sturgeon is not an encouraging sign.

I'll get shot for saying this. I'm not a big fan of too many women in charge. Too many women together dicker and dodge (politely bitch and scrap) and engage in mind games without actually doing much of any use.
The stronger or more conniving woman wins. Not the woman with the best brains or best policies.
Take a look at Merkel.

Of course, I could be totally wrong but at the moment I'm losing faith in TM.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2016, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
There have been words on the UKIP Facebook site that our escape from the EU is by no means certain yet, and here is the expected stumbling block.
How can a country of 4 million people dictate to the rest of us? There are over 50 million of us who it appears are having to go cap in hand to this woman.
There's no doubt in my mind: let the Scots have their independence, if that's what they want. We'll be better off without them.
Whilst I am in favour of leaving the EU, I do think that rushing things could create further problems. We need to decide what are the most important things for Britain before we go into any discussions... and I am not sure anybody yet knows what is most important for the countries future.
As for Nicola Sturgeon, there could be a great advantage to keeping Scotland as part of Britain because, if we don't and they stay in Europe, we lose a huge advantage... the water border between ourselves and the rest of Europe! Illegal immigrants will find it much easier to come into Scotland and get over the borders to England, than having to Cross the channel. It is not just a simple we are in /or out, Britain could suffer in many ways if we don't take time to consider all the problems that rushing could cause.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2016, 12:07 PM

Thing is ..
I suspect Sturgeon sees this an advantageous time to browbeat England and hold us to ransom ... again.

I'm curious as to how much EU money Scotland will lose out on with the Brexit. I wouldn't put it past her to demand the shortfall be made up by us mugs south of the Border.
I mean .. we were told throughout the whole Brexit campaign how many billions we give to the EU ... so what proportion of that does Sturgeon anticipate getting her paws on.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2016, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Thing is ..
I suspect Sturgeon sees this an advantageous time to browbeat England and hold us to ransom ... again.

I'm curious as to how much EU money Scotland will lose out on with the Brexit. I wouldn't put it past her to demand the shortfall be made up by us mugs south of the Border.
I mean .. we were told throughout the whole Brexit campaign how many billions we give to the EU ... so what proportion of that does Sturgeon anticipate getting her paws on.
You may be right Morty, but Sturgeon is just trying to get the best she can for her country, as we should do for England. If Scotland leave the UK and become members of the EU, it is up to our government to make sure she gets nothing from us, but we need to assess what we are prepared to pay to maintain that all our borders are water rather than land by keeping Scotland as part of Britain.. There are many Muslims in France, who could be radical ( as seems to be the case with the problem in Nice) and if they can get into Britain via a land border between us and Scotland, it won't take long before the French attacks are taking place here!
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2016, 12:24 PM

If it means the price of Scotch Eggs doesn't go up then I'm with May on this one.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

16-07-2016, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
You may be right Morty, but Sturgeon is just trying to get the best she can for her country, as we should do for England. If Scotland leave the UK and become members of the EU, it is up to our government to make sure she gets nothing from us, but we need to assess what we are prepared to pay to maintain that all our borders are water rather than land by keeping Scotland as part of Britain.. There are many Muslims in France, who could be radical ( as seems to be the case with the problem in Nice) and if they can get into Britain via a land border between us and Scotland, it won't take long before the French attacks are taking place here!
Sturgeon is just the head Minister of Scotland due to the fact that she's head of the SNP. She is not the Prime Minister of Scotland though she often presents herself as if she has that elevated status and authority , which is kind of ironic really when you think it's all so strongly linked with Scottish Independence. Perhaps she has a crown with a thistle on it tucked under her bed.
May is the not the Prime Minister of England though I imagine Sturgeon might see her as such ... she's more. She's the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom.
Sturgeon is not her equal , she's only the leader of one small nation within the UK.
Sturgeon is galloping through her options... all focused on Scotland first .. not the UK as a cohesive whole trying to formulate a cohesive and workable Brexit plan.

First she galloped to the EU and was to be seen running down corridors chasing EU bigwigs after reassurances that Scotland could stay, irrespective of the vote.
Next she made noises about another Scottish referendum.
Now she's going for the jugular and trying to get the thumbscrews on the British government.
In her own way she's becoming pretty predictable.

As to an EU land border from Europe via Scotland .... is that really a valid serious consideration for keeping Scotland in the UK? We can always build a Gitmo camp on the top of Hadrians Wall. (Just kidding )
Besides .. after reading informative posts on here from my fellow members I've come to conclusion that it's not necessarily our EU membership that has created our immigration or home security problem. It's our own lily-liveried politicians.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top