Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2016, 05:57 PM

Re: Brexit sends economy to 'seven-year low'

I am intending to retire in the Autumn. You try sorting out an annuity and tell me everything is rosy. I haven't really got any idea what to do now and none of the financial advisers that I talk to have either.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2016, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
I am intending to retire in the Autumn. You try sorting out an annuity and tell me everything is rosy. I haven't really got any idea what to do now and none of the financial advisers that I talk to have either.
I don't need an annuity .... my wife and I both have wonderful occupational pensions plus very generous state pensions, plus plenty of money in the bank and everything is very rosy !
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2016, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
I don't need an annuity .... my wife and I both have wonderful occupational pensions plus very generous state pensions, plus plenty of money in the bank and everything is very rosy !
Bully for you. Those rotten Trade Unions have a lot to answer for.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2016, 06:48 PM

I read that a lot of Brits are staycationing because of the unrest over the world.
So that is boosting our economy.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2016, 08:12 PM

I voted remain-but my investments are stable if not improving. Time will tell. Both sides hyped it up. Now is the time for clear thinking-oh silly me when did clear thinking interest those with fingers in a pie?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2016, 08:32 PM

I'm sure everybody expected there to be short-term financial penalties in the case of a successful Brexit vote. I have every confidence that things will recover in the fullness of time.

As for the other scare tactics that were flying around, it's gratifying that many of the doom-mongers are having to eat their words.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England

22-07-2016, 08:52 PM

I am sure that it will be in the opposite direction.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2016, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->

Also: Business live: pound tumbles http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/business-36812583
Another one who does not read the links they post.

Pounds drops by .30c up by 2c from a week ago(not on link but) FOOTSE is at an 11 month high
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2016, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
I am intending to retire in the Autumn. You try sorting out an annuity and tell me everything is rosy.
The pensions crisis has been with us for many years and has nothing whatsoever to do with Brexit. We are all going to get screwed over with pensions because they don't have the money to pay out what's due, so they will use any and every excuse to tell us that the pension schemes haven't performed very well. In the end, the system is corrupt and has been for many years. Our pension money has laregly been embezzled by crooks posing as City Boys.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top