Join for free
Page 10 of 10 « First < 8 9 10
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2016, 08:13 AM

Re: We could leave the EU within weeks

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Not, apparently according to certain government departments who are 'unready' to act.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7189851.html
Well surely it is her job to make sure they do act! If the Labour party don't get rid of Corbyn and form a united party, they could end up becoming 2 separate parties, so only half the votes, which means that the Tories will retain power for a long time. I don't vote for a particular party, I judge them on their manifestos but I would rather vote for any other party than one which is led by Corbyn!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2016, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Well surely it is her job to make sure they do act! If the Labour party don't get rid of Corbyn and form a united party, they could end up becoming 2 separate parties, so only half the votes, which means that the Tories will retain power for a long time. I don't vote for a particular party, I judge them on their manifestos but I would rather vote for any other party than one which is led by Corbyn!
I don't think she needs to worry about Labour: its time is past. I believe that if she is concerned about any other party it must be UKIP. As I'm sure we must all be aware by now, UKIP is clearly in favour of Brexit and if the 17+ million who voted for Brexit are disappointed with the lack of progress along this path, they are likely to vote for their local UKIP candidate. Remember that there are now many voters who have left Labour for obvious reasons and have taken their support to UKIP.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2016, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I don't think she needs to worry about Labour: its time is past. I believe that if she is concerned about any other party it must be UKIP. As I'm sure we must all be aware by now, UKIP is clearly in favour of Brexit and if the 17+ million who voted for Brexit are disappointed with the lack of progress along this path, they are likely to vote for their local UKIP candidate. Remember that there are now many voters who have left Labour for obvious reasons and have taken their support to UKIP.

Bit arrogant of you to assume that every dissident from Labour will automatically vote for ukip. They could quite equally vote for the 'Greens' or any other 'left of centre' minor party. It would be a very cold day in hell before I even consider voting for them let alone doing so.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2016, 09:30 AM

what a mess labour party is in. The Leader and deputy leader at each others throats, new members can't vote even after going to high court. What has happened, even those that can vote don't know which to vote for. Tories are laughing their socks off over it
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2016, 09:50 AM

Bit arrogant of you to assume that every dissident from Labour will automatically vote for ukip. They could quite equally vote for the 'Greens' or any other 'left of centre' minor party. It would be a very cold day in hell before I even consider voting for them let alone doing so.
Well I didn't think you would ever vote for UKIP, Joe.
Is there a Trotskyist party in Brighton?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2016, 09:52 AM

Well that is no surprise to us UJ, but i doubt if your vote alone will decide who is elected.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

15-08-2016, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
what a mess labour party is in. The Leader and deputy leader at each others throats, new members can't vote even after going to high court. What has happened, even those that can vote don't know which to vote for. Tories are laughing their socks off over it
I haven't been interested in this development, but is it the case that Corbyn and his mates recruited all these 'new members' (and probably even paid for their membership) in order to assure his continued 'leadership' (and I use the term loosely)?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2016, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I haven't been interested in this development, but is it the case that Corbyn and his mates recruited all these 'new members' (and probably even paid for their membership) in order to assure his continued 'leadership' (and I use the term loosely)?
Nope I paid for my own membership, I'm a returner left when I saw my Labour Party become new labour under the Tory Tony Blair. Now back was hoping to support Jeremy who is taking back the Labour Party to represent the people it originally was formed by.

Page 10 of 10 « First < 8 9 10

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top