Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2016, 06:39 AM

Re: Why won't Theresa May announce a cut-off date?

Hi

Theresa May is my Ex Boss.

We have very different views on somethings.

However, if she says something will happen, it will.

She is as hard as nails.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2016, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

She is as hard as nails.
Dare i mention her stint as Home Secretary then. ?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2016, 06:57 AM

Hi

She is as hard as nails.
There is Will, and When.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2016, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Dare i mention her stint as Home Secretary then. ?
Hi

Too true Nom, as I said, I did not agree with her.

She was nowhere near as effective as David Blunkett.

Left Wing he may have been, but absolutely ruthless in dealing with the bad guys.

Mrs May is a very single minded woman, if she says Brexit will happen it will.

Whether it happens on terms that are acceptable to the voters remains to be seen.
Baxter8
Somerset
Baxter8 is female  Baxter8 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2016, 08:10 AM

I think the exit from the EU is going to be very different to what leavers anticipated, in fact I'm not even sure that we'll notice that much difference but there will be lots of clever sound bites that'll make it more marginally more palatable to the leavers.

Clearly remaining in the EU was straightforward - things stay as they are. Leaving was never truly defined I don't for one moment it was ever going to be a matter of "right we're out" let's get on with it.

Whatever deal is struck with the EU, and there will be a deal, of that I've no doubt, I suspect it will be a very watered down version to what leavers expected and it certainly will include freedom of movement - one of the very pillars upon which the EU was created, I just don't see how they can do away with that.

Hi

Whether it happens on terms that are acceptable to the voters remains to be seen.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2016, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by Baxter8 ->
Whatever deal is struck with the EU, and there will be a deal, of that I've no doubt, I suspect it will be a very watered down version to what leavers expected and it certainly will include freedom of movement - one of the very pillars upon which the EU was created, I just don't see how they can do away with that.
If so, there will be a great deal of unrest. One of the reasons, perhaps the main reason, for people voting OUT is that there is a real danger in allowing free movement from the EU to Britain: the Frogs have already intimated that they'd be sending us all their rubbish.

I shall continue to vote for UKIP until Theresa May has proved herself. I hope to be pleasantly surprised but, as a cynic, I don't entirely expect it.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top