Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2016, 02:21 PM

Re: Recession is already here for a crucial part of the British economy — and it is only

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Is Scotland certain to go independent? A bit of a contradiction exists there though if it is basically leaving one club to join another. I suppose it's just changing the pinny and the apron strings they want to hang from.
I completely agree.

The fish woman and her SNP compatriots appear to yearn for Scottish independence yet, at the same time, EU membership. This makes no sense, as I cannot see them making a big profit from the EU handouts as we, and most Western European countries contribute far more than we get in financial 'grants'. Your excellent expression explains that very clearly.

I suppose they are driven by the fact that for centuries the Scots allied themselves with the French against the English.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2016, 02:40 PM

Re: Recession is already here for a crucial part of the British economy — and it is only

Hi

Brexit was always going to be costly, I knew that when I voted to leave.

Unfortunately it is now going to more costly than it should have been due to the fact that Boris, David Davies and Liam Fox cannot even agree what sort of Brexit they want.

Scotland will do what Scotland will do.

The more immediate thing is Gibraltar, it makes absolutely no sense at all for them to remain with us after Brexit.

I can see them staying in the EU.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2016, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by PhilipM ->
They thought Britain was going to be Great Britain again and Rule Britannia but instead: Scotland is almost certainly going to go independent and remain in the EU, goodness knows what will happen to Northern Ireland which might join Eire and here in Wales, as we are too small to cope with independence, we will just have to remain as an annexe to the silly little Country of England which will be left on the margins of Europe and highly dependent on Financial Services?? Oh well I suppose I did most of my higher education and training in England and perhaps I can cope?
Would hardly be independent then - they'd be replacing their perceived yoke of Westminster rule with restrictive rule by the EU. That's assuming of course that the Scots can meet the criteria for joining.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2016, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Thank you Fender.

That just goes to show that none of us are perfect, although you, Morty and I are not far off.
And some of us cant spell
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2016, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->

And some of us cant spell
Spelling isn't important as long as the meaning is clear. I'm not one of those pedantic critics and certainly don't criticise for the fun of it.

Having said that, I'm the sort who will go back and edit just for the sake of replacing a full stop with a question mark.
I can't help it.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

21-08-2016, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
The more immediate thing is Gibraltar, it makes absolutely no sense at all for them to remain with us after Brexit.

I can see them staying in the EU.
Well that's something for them to decide. They have always been very clear that they want to be 'British', but if they feel some advantage in remaining under the jackboot (God knows why), they have the right to do so, I believe.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top