Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2016, 11:24 AM

Re: Good News

I thought it said there were fewer people claiming Unemployment Benefits, which could mean more have been taken off benefits or sanctioned, it doesn't necessarily mean more in work.
I wonder what will happen to all the offices the bank people are leaving?
They could be turned into flats perhaps?
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2016, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
I could not give a stuff where banks move to, they have been ripping us off for years
Exactly - I find it beyond bizarre that so-call "left wing" Remainers weep crocodile tears about the potential loss of the very corporate capitalist financiers who are grinding working people into the ground.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2016, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
Exactly - I find it beyond bizarre that so-call "left wing" Remainers weep crocodile tears about the potential loss of the very corporate capitalist financiers who are grinding working people into the ground.
Brexit wasn't a left right issue, many of us left wingers were wanting out many right wingers wanted to stay in. So it's no good blaming the left.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2016, 09:51 AM

Hi

Well seeing as they generate a vast amount of money in taxes, how is that going to be replaced?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2016, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Brexit wasn't a left right issue, many of us left wingers were wanting out many right wingers wanted to stay in. So it's no good blaming the left.
I agree Julie! It was a democratic vote in a democratic country, so the will of the people!
I see that Owen Smith is now stating that he will try to stop Brexit, one assumes he thinks that it may get him more votes to stop Corbyn! Isn't it time that all politicians accepted that the majority of voters voted to leave and get on with the job the British public has asked them to do? The more they use it to satisfy their own ends, the worse problems they will cause for this country!
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2016, 08:03 PM

I wonder what sort of world Owen Smith lives in? Sounds like the sort of dreamland that is much favoured by left wingers

A couple of weeks ago he stated, or at least strongly implied, that we should start negotiations with IS, ISIS, or whatever those barbarians are called this week. After the inevitable outcry - did he really not expect it? - He, and the Labour Party PR people are saying he meant when they had given up violence.
Cynics like me, and just about everyone else in the real world are pretty sure that he did mean now. Apologies & explanations sound like desperate damage limitation measures to me

Mind you, apparently Brother Jeremy said pretty much the same thing earlier this year

Now Owen wants to have another referendum about Brexit. Uhhhhh....what can you say?

Does Labour really expect to win the next election?!
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2016, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
I wonder what sort of world Owen Smith lives in? Sounds like the sort of dreamland that is much favoured by left wingers

A couple of weeks ago he stated, or at least strongly implied, that we should start negotiations with IS, ISIS, or whatever those barbarians are called this week. After the inevitable outcry - did he really not expect it? - He, and the Labour Party PR people are saying he meant when they had given up violence.
Cynics like me, and just about everyone else in the real world are pretty sure that he did mean now. Apologies & explanations sound like desperate damage limitation measures to me

Mind you, apparently Brother Jeremy said pretty much the same thing earlier this year

Now Owen wants to have another referendum about Brexit. Uhhhhh....what can you say?

Does Labour really expect to win the next election?!
In their current state, hopefully not!
Oh, and good post btw.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2016, 11:25 PM

It was obvious from the word go that something like the EU Referendum would make a lot of people unhappy, whatever the result. Now, grudgingly perhaps, most Remainers have accepted the result and are dealing with it.

Theresa May was a Remainer, but she has stated quite clearly that 'Brexit means Brexit'
This might be out of genuine respect for the democratic wishes of the British people, or mere opportunism, but nevertheless she seems to be getting on with it

Owen Smith's approach well illustrates the hypocrisy of the Left, who are in favour of democracy & tolerance as long as it agrees with their own viewpoint
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2016, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
It was obvious from the word go that something like the EU Referendum would make a lot of people unhappy, whatever the result. Now, grudgingly perhaps, most Remainers have accepted the result and are dealing with it.

Theresa May was a Remainer, but she has stated quite clearly that 'Brexit means Brexit'
This might be out of genuine respect for the democratic wishes of the British people, or mere opportunism, but nevertheless she seems to be getting on with it

Owen Smith's approach well illustrates the hypocrisy of the Left, who are in favour of democracy & tolerance as long as it agrees with their own viewpoint
This was exactly my reason for mentioning it Zuludog! It seems that both Smith and Corbyn are more interested in making sure they get the top job. Smith, by demonstrating that he will take no notice of the majority public decision, and Corbyn, by making false promises but offering no explanation of where he will get the money from to do so. For men who support democracy, why cant they tell us what, and how ,they intend to do to help this country succeed, now that a democratic vote has decided we should leave?
At least the Tories are accepting our decision to leave, rather than trying to convince us that it was a bad decision!
zuludog
N E Lancashire

25-08-2016, 09:32 AM

I wonder if Owen Smith actually goes out and talks to people in the traditional Labour areas?

There was an article in the 'I' a couple of weeks ago, reviewing The EU Referendum now that the fuss has largely died down.
It analysed voting patterns, and quite convincingly confirmed what most of us know already. The pollsters and the politicians thought that support for Leave & UKIP came from the right wing of the Conservative Party, which is why the result took them by surprise .
Well it does to some extent, but most of the support comes from disillusioned Labour supporters
Another example of the Establishment's lack of understanding & awareness of the feeling in the country outside the middle class, metropolitan elite - and I include The Labour Party in that elite

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top