Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2016, 11:36 AM

Re: Good News

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I thought it said there were fewer people claiming Unemployment Benefits, which could mean more have been taken off benefits or sanctioned, it doesn't necessarily mean more in work.
It does.

Last figures available were for the first three months of this year which shows a record number of people in work.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/r...people-in-work
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2016, 11:47 AM

Not real jobs with prospects are they though?
Where I work they recently made 10 of the warehouse staff redundant and told them the reason was so they could be replaced by Agency staff. Sure enough on Monday morning the temps were in situ, not one of those made redundant had enough sense to take the Company to Tribunal.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2016, 12:09 PM

I know three people in past couple of weeks taken off unemployment benefit and told to apply for another sickness benefit, this is after they have been sanctioned and had no money for four weeks and now have to apply for another benefit that has a twelve week wait for an answer.

If they are still alive after 16 weeks no money I am assured they will be on same money they were on unemployment.

This reminds me off when my husband had a stroke and the run around they gave us to get any benefit and the stopping of each benefit before another took off. They were massaging the figures then and oddly that was under the tories too.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top