Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2016, 11:11 AM

Re: What Is May Playing At?

To me it's not all about finance, but about not being ruled by arrogant, unelected, unaccountable nonentities who care not a jot for the UK, but just to use our membership as a way of financing their gradiose madcap schemes and lifestyle.

The EU is nothing but a gilded cage really, and personally I would rather be a little poorer and be free of these grubby little people...
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2016, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I am no great expert on finance, son and daughter are fairly astute however.

Daughter is moving to the EU as a result of Brexit, her works are shifting staff out of the UK, she is an accountant.

I voted out, but not on the basis that we would save any money at all.

Our biggest export to the EU is not manufacturing, it is Financial Services.

These are easy to transfer, just shift your head office out and pay Tax in the new Country.

It now looks more and more that we are heading for a Hard Brexit, the only way to effectively control Immigration and not pay into the EU, other than for vital shared services,

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...rd-brexit-as/?

If this is the case , there will be no deal on passporting Financial Services, something which has not escaped Juncker and his mates.

They are already making overtures to some of the very big Companies based in London.

These players are not UK owned, so have no allegiance whatsoever to the UK, only interested in their profits.

If they do move, we would lose a lot more in tax than we pay the EU.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/n...al-crisis.html

Now, Boris and David Davies always said during the Referendum, that this would not happen.

They now have their work cut out to keep to their word.
Live with it, you did it.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2016, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Live with it, you did it.
Hi

Yes, I did, but not for the money, an entirely different set of reasons.

I see nothing wrong however in making people aware of the Financial effects, I did so on here throughout the Referendum Debate

It is unfortunate that some however still seem to think that we will be saving money immediately we leave.

Longer term, we will be fine, but I cannot understand the rush to leave espoused by some, far better to get things into place to minimise the costs.

I do not want any more austerity, let's face it, Austerity does not affect the Politicians does it?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2016, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
To me it's not all about finance, but about not being ruled by arrogant, unelected, unaccountable nonentities who care not a jot for the UK, but just to use our membership as a way of financing their gradiose madcap schemes and lifestyle.

The EU is nothing but a gilded cage really, and personally I would rather be a little poorer and be free of these grubby little people...

Just what I said, but more eloquently put!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2016, 12:59 PM

Hi

Yes, I did, but not for the money, an entirely different set of reasons.

I see nothing wrong however in making people aware of the Financial effects, I did so on here throughout the Referendum Debate

It is unfortunate that some however still seem to think that we will be saving money immediately we leave.

Longer term, we will be fine, but I cannot understand the rush to leave espoused by some, far better to get things into place to minimise the costs.

I do not want any more austerity, let's face it, Austerity does not affect the Politicians does it?
I can see your point, but if leaving early hastens the break-up of the corrupt EU I'm all for it!

Perhaps I'm cutting off my nose to spite my face, but I'm quite good at that!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2016, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I can see your point, but if leaving early hastens the break-up of the corrupt EU I'm all for it!

Perhaps I'm cutting off my nose to spite my face, but I'm quite good at that!
Hi

I see your point, however I am concerned about the impact of the most deserving in our Society.

I really do not want any more cuts to those genuinely in need.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

08-09-2016, 02:23 PM

Hi

I see your point, however I am concerned about the impact of the most deserving in our Society.

I really do not want any more cuts to those genuinely in need.
With respect, you are assuming that any reduction in our finances must be to the disadvantage of the most needy.

Given the chance, I'd prefer cuts to take place in foreign aid, handouts to unwanted immigrants and those who play the benefits system, unnecessarily generous salaries and expenses payments to our MPs, civil servants and footballers(!), just to take a few examples.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top